Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like my clutter middle-class
08-15-2010, 06:40 PM,

Sooo... my vacation had an unexpected upturn. Sometimes love will just blind-side you, and this time it hit me like a freight train. I'm currently packing all my belongings and getting ready to move 2,000 milles to wicker park in chicago. I'll be able to get some stuff done once I'm settled in.

Does anyone have any new input on making custom collision in 3ds max? I only ever found the one tutorial, and i couldn't make it work for me. Worst case scenario, I will get the plates made and mapped and someone else can import them into blender and make the collision. We are a team after all.

If I have to download blender and do it myself, I might have them done before next summer. It takes me a minute to figure out new software.
08-15-2010, 10:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Wulfharth
Sooo... my vacation had an unexpected upturn. Sometimes love will just blind-side you, and this time it hit me like a freight train. I'm currently packing all my belongings and getting ready to move 2,000 milles to wicker park in chicago. I'll be able to get some stuff done once I'm settled in.

Does anyone have any new input on making custom collision in 3ds max? I only ever found the one tutorial, and I couldn't make it work for me. Worst case scenario, I will get the plates made and mapped and someone else can import them into blender and make the collision. We are a team after all.

If I have to download blender and do it myself, I might have them done before next summer. It takes me a minute to figure out new software.

Hi Wulfharth,

You probably missed this tutorial by Saidenstorm:

http://sites.google.com/site/saidenstorm...siontutori

It should have most everything you'll need to know.

Only other thing I can think of, is if you need to use more than one primitive/convex vertices shape collision within the same bhkCollisionObject block (like how some of Oblivion's bowls are collisioned, and certain weapon nifs, too).

For those particular cases, you need to insert a bhkListShape at the least, between the bhkRigidBody and the primitive/convex shape. Sometimes, you'll need to use a bhkTransformShape between the bhkListShape and each of the primitive/convex shapes, too, if the primitive/convex shape does not align to the exported mesh correctly. Look at a bowl and a weapon nif that used a bhkListshape, to see what I mean.

Also, for clutter items, it helps to center your mesh and it's collision object with their center point being right at 0,0,0 on the XYZ axis. This way, you might not need to tweak the "Center" in the bhkRigidBody for the exported nif.

Also, for exported clutter, in most cases, it helps to set the Inertia in bhkRigidBody in all three of it's applicable fields (look at vanilla Oblivion clutter nif to see what number fields are set with a value) to a number higher than what the Mass of the item is under the bhkRigidBody. Keep increasing the Inertia values, until you get the right behavior ingame.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-15-2010, 11:49 PM,

Welcome back Wulfharth, glad to hear cupid has stuck you good Smile

You were correct is saying we are all a team and I think it is safe to say others have the knowledge/software to complete something we need.

I also do not want to take away from Koniption's comments. Thank you for the input.

Have a great day
Charles
05-09-2011, 02:55 AM,

I usually kept in the dxt3 normal map format (in the "application of Alpha channel" in the GIMP), because I like to keep opaque bit, so that the texture is a bit shiny...
:bananarock:Buy RS Gold,Runescape Gold,Rift Gold :banana: