Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Inventory Check
07-08-2010, 02:12 AM,
2010 Inventory Check
First I apologies for my absence, I've been hit by the hardest year of my schooling but things have slowed down and I'm ready to begin contributing to the team again.
So in order to get me up to speed i'm gonna run a quick inventory check. Whats transpired since I was last active (about February).
Stuff like new resources, new plans and who is still active?
07-09-2010, 07:31 PM,

I am still here facilitating. We have a list of resources stickied. Corthian has put out some new armors. I'm still hoping that something comes of this, which is why I still moderate here.
07-10-2010, 09:39 AM,

Good I was beginning to think this forum was a ghost town, but your here and judging from the last time some others logged on we still have some of the crew.

Now what i'm thinking is that we have a good deal of resources, although not enough to use 100% unique resources in a mod. How about we set up a small island or so that relies mainly on stock oblivion resources but is touched up with some oriental resources and some of Corthian's awesome armors.

Just to stretch our legs and to maybe draw in some new blood.
07-10-2010, 10:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ciao_gamer
Good I was beginning to think this forum was a ghost town, but your here and judging from the last time some others logged on we still have some of the crew.

Now what i'm thinking is that we have a good deal of resources, although not enough to use 100% unique resources in a mod. How about we set up a small island or so that relies mainly on stock oblivion resources but is touched up with some oriental resources and some of Corthian's awesome armors.

If memory serves, a teaser was already made awhile back. Teasers tend to draw all the resources away from the rest of the mod, and aren't helpful to releasing anything larger (as has happened time and again, Skyrim for Oblivion, Valenwood, even with TR's Oblivion plans, Stirk sucked up a huge amount of time and resources).
07-10-2010, 11:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

If memory serves, a teaser was already made awhile back. Teasers tend to draw all the resources away from the rest of the mod, and aren't helpful to releasing anything larger (as has happened time and again, Skyrim for Oblivion, Valenwood, even with TR's Oblivion plans, Stirk sucked up a huge amount of time and resources).
You do make a good point.
But as far as I know we haven't released a teaser yet. There has been quite a few pushes for a teaser but as of yet we haven't got one out.

The main point is to get in new blood. Our team is quite skilled but equally small and occupied with real life. We need some new people and, as was mentioned a while back, there is some interest in an Akavir mod, we just haven't made enough publicity. An island mod probably won't be to relevant for a final release but it will hopefully tell the community that there is an Akavir mod and that we are recruiting.

Anyway as far as I can tell we have a heightmap and resources, both our own and stock resources, so it shouldn't take up to much resources to pump this out. We just need to stay focused Smile
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

You do make a good point.
But as far as I know we haven't released a teaser yet. There has been quite a few pushes for a teaser but as of yet we haven't got one out.

The main point is to get in new blood. Our team is quite skilled but equally small and occupied with real life. We need some new people and, as was mentioned a while back, there is some interest in an Akavir mod, we just haven't made enough publicity. An island mod probably won't be to relevant for a final release but it will hopefully tell the community that there is an Akavir mod and that we are recruiting.

Anyway as far as I can tell we have a heightmap and resources, both our own and stock resources, so it shouldn't take up to much resources to pump this out. We just need to stay focused Smile

Close enough to a Teaser.

Resources as in human resources, Teasers end up with everyone working on them, with no one working on the actual mod. The most efficient way of getting new modders, is to actively maintain a thread on the official forums, and for mod leaders/management to actively recruit modders via PM -and it's the same amount of people you're going to get if you release a teaser, as the only people that really benefit from a teaser are players, people who don't mod, just play them.
07-11-2010, 06:05 AM,

I did realize that you men manpower, but you do make a point. We have very little man-power and I guess we shouldn't put to much effort into a teaser.
So forum recruiting it is.