Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST Gold Items
07-10-2010, 03:46 PM,
ST Gold Items
I am starting this thread regarding gold items, particuliarly gold bars for Silgrad Tower.

There was a previous, brief discussion, in another thread but rather than completely hijack that thread concerning other items, I am creating this one.

So far I believe we want the figure on the 'ST coin back' to be a stamp. The tone from morcroft's post here(the bar to the right side) I feel is excellent for a newer smelt for bank use.

I think we could also use a more oxidized version(ST coin) with and without a stamp.

Have a great day
Charles
07-11-2010, 05:02 PM,
RE: ST Gold Items
Here's my attempt at some gold bars. There are a couple of things that I think still need work: There are some strange bright faces on one side of both meshes. I couldn' find a great collision to use in nifskope. Custom collision is a little beyond me at the moment, but when I figure that out, we can revisit these.

If these are good enough, you could start integrating them into the mod. Any future updates would just be mesh replacements, so you can start getting them in place now.
07-12-2010, 01:38 AM,

Thanks Wulfharth

That was fast. They look pretty good. But I don't think the texture is quite right either. The stamp looks wonderful but maybe it could use a small amount of depth. I also agree a more even tone is needed. You did say they were playable so I will get them into the mod. Smile

Have a great day
Charles
07-12-2010, 02:14 PM,

I should not have spoken before I actually placed these in game.

Wulfharth they look great in game. When I looked at the textures in your pic, they made my mouth water, reminding me of caramel candy. After placing them in game they looked very different(see pic). I still think adding a bit of depth to the stamp would be awsome.

Wulfharth, I apologize for speaking before I placed them in game Smile

@ Sandor, I created an esp with the new items Smile

WT: 1
Value: 300

I was not sure what the weight and value should be so I chose those. It is not todays value but maybe were it should be Smile If you feel it should be different feel free to change.

Have a great day
Charles
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Wulfharth
*Snip*

What program do you use to make the models?, In Blender it's quite easy to make custom collision, if you use that I can walk you through creating the collision.

Easier than Nifskope Big Grin

The bright faces could be down to flipped normals, in your chosen program they should appear darker than the other faces, you should be able to select them and flip the normals for them seperately.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM,
Nice work, I downloaded the assets and esp. Smile

EDIT
Added to the assets update.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-14-2010, 01:54 AM,

I'll get a new tex for the stamp up in a bit.

Has anyone else seen the bright faces? I can't find any flipped normals. Maybe there's an issue with my exporter.

I use max. So, who knows about custom collision using that?
07-14-2010, 01:59 AM,

I'll get a new tex for the stamp up in a bit.

Has anyone else seen the bright faces? I can't find any flipped normals. Maybe there's an issue with my exporter.

I use max. So, who knows about custom collision using that?

Not sure about the bright faces but in anycase it looks good in game. I think with the stamp, given depth, it will look awsome Smile

Have a great day
Charles
07-14-2010, 11:00 AM,

*Snip*

Just looked in Blender, there are no flipped normals so I'm unsure why you have bright faces.

Try rightclicking on your model in Nifskope and go:

Mesh > Face Normals
Mesh > Smooth Normals

Also for the gold bars, I would suggest going with a basic box collision, I tried convex poly collision on my bars and it had a few issues, a basic box solved it.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
07-17-2010, 03:15 AM,

Here's another attempt at the stamped bar. I added another layer of highlights and shadows. I'm assuming that's what you wanted. Let me know how you feel about it. Sorry it took so long, we're on 6 day work weeks with 10 hour shifts.

I would post the new nifs but I'm having some trouble with custom collision in max. I hit a dead end with the tutorial. Does anyone even know anyone who has made custom collision in max here? If not, could someone with blender import these and make collision for them (and maybe some plates too)?