Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rimmen
07-16-2010, 01:00 PM,
Rimmen
Auryga is mod leader for a project known as Rimmen. I am in discussion with him about working together. His project is much farther along than ours is. I will let him tell you about his concepts himself.
07-16-2010, 01:23 PM,

Pardon my ignorance, but how does this relate to Rimmen in Elsweyr? If at all.
Morcroft Darkes
07-16-2010, 02:44 PM,

TOYB can explain that better than I can. I will defer to him.
07-17-2010, 12:16 AM,

We don't really need a thread for this Ysne, this is more behind-the-scenes.
07-17-2010, 02:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
We don't really need a thread for this Ysne, this is more behind-the-scenes.

We will just keep people guessing then.
07-17-2010, 03:54 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Pardon my ignorance, but how does this relate to Rimmen in Elsweyr? If at all.
Rimmen was started by Akaviri refugees, and is known to have some Akaviri influence (most notably the Tonenaka, a shrine housing a thousand statues)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-17-2010, 05:26 AM,

Ysne asked me if I'm interested to join this project. It surely matches lots of my interests, but my modding time is quite limited, and I'm already bound to Rimmen.

But I think there could be a way for me to contribute to both the Akavir project and Rimmen together. My idea was to somewhat incorporate the Rimmen project into the Akavir project. Yes, Rimmen is part of Elsweyr, but it also is founded by Akaviri refugees, and I joined the Rimmen project mainly to do lots of Akaviri buildings, as this is my favourite architecture style Wink.

These Akaviri resources I did and will do will always be availiable to your project too, thats one thing I can add. Second thing I can add is work on the background lore for Akavir, as I need this for Rimmen too. E.g. the religious or whatsoever background for the Akaviri temple in Rimmen.

And another idea I had was to use Rimmen as a starting point for a quest that leads the player to Akavir. It's near the main places of the Oblivion game, and with the potentates in Rimmen's history I can imagine a lot of possible quests. Even if not as the starter quest, there could of course also be quest that just couple our mods.

So what do you think about this, would this be helpful for your work?

Edit: and is it ok to have a thread for that? Tongue
07-17-2010, 06:03 PM,

I believe this is the perfect place for this thread.
07-19-2010, 08:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Auryga
And another idea I had was to use Rimmen as a starting point for a quest that leads the player to Akavir. It's near the main places of the Oblivion game, and with the potentates in Rimmen's history I can imagine a lot of possible quests. Even if not as the starter quest, there could of course also be quest that just couple our mods.

If you want to share work back and forth from Rimmen and Akavir that's cool, but with linking quests up, it creates a conflict of interests with the BC's Elsweyr project, and it's Rimmen.
07-19-2010, 11:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
If you want to share work back and forth from Rimmen and Akavir that's cool, but with linking quests up, it creates a conflict of interests with the BC's Elsweyr project, and it's Rimmen.
Sorry, haven't recognized their plan for a link between that Rimmen project and Akavir yet, where can I find that? Tongue

Nice walls! :goodjob: