Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad City Layout
07-30-2010, 01:42 PM,

Thanks, I am glad you like it. It was a slow process of moving units around and around. The textures are not as they will be, I just need clear in game views when I am looking at it.

I want to add more height in some places and those archways we are so fond of, between buildings.

Have a great day
Charles
07-31-2010, 10:39 PM,

I was laying out some small gardens within the riverside district. What do we want to use as a base soil for gardens within Silgradcity?

I was looking through the texture list but I am not sure what would be best. The texture wouldn't be widely used so I don't see it taking away from another region.

edit: I have removed pics and replaced them in a further post.

Have a great day
Charles
08-01-2010, 07:41 AM,

You could use a nice vanilla texture as well, it's always possible to replace it later on. For example TerrainTiledSoil for placing plants and flowers. We also have our own planters available for modding.

Could you use the grid when taking screenshots?

Keep in mind that smaller tileset pieces (arches, sideways etc.) start to fade within a range of 1.5-2 cells.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-01-2010, 11:43 AM,

(;Dies at the pure sight of the awesomesauce.Wink

Looks great (: good job
08-01-2010, 01:04 PM,

I was going to suggest TerrainTilledSoil as well. It looks very good in OB farms and gardens so I'm sure it would look great here.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM,

Alright guys, I will update the OP with the garden soil, if TID comes up with a better texture I can change it.

@Sandor, I will turn on the gid. I figured not all the pieces has LOD, but I wanted to get it as close to the child world space as possible, minus crates etc.

Have a great day
Charles
08-01-2010, 04:43 PM,

I agree with TerrainTilledSoil. Tongue I checked the website yesterday and that's what first came to mind.

There are a lot of other textures around, so if you find another you like, feel free to use it - just give it a different ID if possible (more for organization than anything). Smile

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Keep in mind that smaller tileset pieces (arches, sideways etc.) start to fade within a range of 1.5-2 cells.
In that case, would it be wise to decrease the size of the downtown district child world spaces (see earlier map)? I plan on using quite a few arches in the side alleyways.
08-01-2010, 05:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I agree with TerrainTilledSoil. Tongue I checked the website yesterday and that's what first came to mind.

There are a lot of other textures around, so if you find another you like, feel free to use it - just give it a different ID if possible (more for organization than anything). Smile

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
In that case, would it be wise to decrease the size of the downtown district child world spaces (see earlier map)? I plan on using quite a few arches in the side alleyways.

ok. Thanks.

Placement is a factor also. Presumably the player is not going to be flying around. So corners and trees etc. will have a good effect on fading.

Have a great day
Charles
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted byTheImperialDragon
-->
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Presumably the player is not going to be flying around. So corners and trees etc. will have a good effect on fading.

Have a great day
Charles
Trees and corners are a possible solution, the PC can also walk on the first floor balconies etc. Narrow alleyways (curved) would block the sight as well.

Reducing the size of the child will solve the problem, I think it doesn't look as nice as a larger child WS.

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
There are a lot of other textures around, so if you find another you like, feel free to use it - just give it a different ID if possible (more for organization than anything).
Yes, a different ID is required otherwise I can't replace the textures using the Gecko.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM,

I attached screenshots showing a few parts of the central downtown area. The larger houses facing the street are intended to be mainly shops, while alleyway and smaller buildings are meant to be homes.

There's also a market-type area I'm working on, that's the screenshot with all of the guarskin screens and overhangs. Smile
My aim is to make it a bustling place, so it will probably be a separate world space. There will be food prepared here, and vendors will be trying to sell various types of items. The place is constantly polluted by noise (pots, pans, and cutlery clanking, lots of food sizzling as it is being grilled, people sharing the latest gossip, coins being exchanged with the street vendors). Overall its mechanics will be similar to the Temple district in Soluthis, and the player will be ushered out after business hours.

I probably will not complete that market area until more buildings have been placed, however.