Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daggerfall Screenshots Thread
08-31-2010, 10:18 AM,
Daggerfall Screenshots Thread
Check here for updates on the development of this city!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM,

In order to get in touch with the tileset and see its limitations etc., I thought it'd be a good idea to start with the narrowest street, and see how it works out.
Turns out it's a pain in the ass to work on it, because all those buildings are blocking my sight, and it's very difficult to see seams and clipping errors. Also, I can't take good screenshots because you just see buildings blocking your sight.

Anyway, here are some screenshots:
Coming from the upperclass district, the alley still looks quite normal
Soon, however, the walls will seem to be closing in on you
Seeing the sky becomes a rare thing
Overview of the alley

I'm moving on to the other districts now, which will have broader streets, plazas and also other stuff you'd expect in a city, like for example, city walls.
08-31-2010, 04:31 PM,

I really like the look of this. Out of interest, where's that "island" it's currently located on? A test worldspace?

08-31-2010, 07:07 PM,

Yes, it's the test worldspace TestJyggylag. Quite handy.

Glad you like it!
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM,

Any news?
01-28-2011, 02:34 AM,

Welcome back mr siika!

Yes, there is plenty of news. We have achieved a lot since you were here last, and we are about to release our first playable alpha, hopefully by the end of next month. It will include three complete cities, all of which make full use of your excellent meshes. Sadly it will not include a finished Daggerfall, because our modder who was working on it had to leave us and was unable to complete it.

I had intended to take a selection of screenshots to illustrate our progress, but there is a most frustrating bug in my wireless keyboard adapter which has prevented me from using the function keys! I am attempting to devise some workaround, but in the meantime perhaps you would like to see for yourself? I have sent you a PM which contains the download link to the files.

Kind Regards,

Deeza

01-28-2011, 09:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Welcome back mr siika!

Yes, there is plenty of news. We have achieved a lot since you were here last, and we are about to release our first playable alpha, hopefully by the end of next month. It will include three complete cities, all of which make full use of your excellent meshes. Sadly it will not include a finished Daggerfall, because our modder who was working on it had to leave us and was unable to complete it.

I had intended to take a selection of screenshots to illustrate our progress, but there is a most frustrating bug in my wireless keyboard adapter which has prevented me from using the function keys! I am attempting to devise some workaround, but in the meantime perhaps you would like to see for yourself? I have sent you a PM which contains the download link to the files.

Kind Regards,

Deeza

Download FRAPS,

Run the program and select the screenshots tab.
Set the screen capture hotkey to a key that works, e.g the down arrow.
Also set your output filepath somewhere safe,

Make sure to leave FRAPS open when you are running Oblivion and press your selected key to take a screenshot.
(The FPS counter will flash to indicate the screen has been taken, it won't show up on the screen output. )
01-28-2011, 11:34 AM,

Thanks, ImpatientFan! It worked like a charm. I have posted the screenshots in their appropriate threads:

Camlorn Screenshots Thread

This city has been constructed using mr siika's Daggerfall set, together with pieces from some of his other creations such as the Castle Seaview mod and his Imperial Cathedral.

Wayrest Screenshots Thread

This is the famous market city of Wayrest, which also uses mr siika's work (the Jurad resource that was released a little over a year ago).