Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makhanapak tupuka!
08-31-2010, 12:10 PM,
Makhanapak tupuka!
With some alarm, the Royal Court's officials have noticed the following text being circulated amongst known Argonian dissidents:

Makhanapak, it rises, not to the left. That would be unjust. Not if you come within, oh saxhleel. Watch as it broaches the surface, scales glinting like broken eggshells in the murk. Yes, yes it is time. Shastihiss irishril tupuka! Makhanapak ishiss tupuka! Hist mahisitiss tupuka jajanoag!

Hinthortreh, their roots are strong, deep. Do not think you can escape them, saxhleel. From them you came and to them you will go. Do not think to flee, for they tendril-feel into the void-marshes of kojosois for your final entrance. Your reward has not yet full-ripened.

Lukiul cannot be salvaged, refute them only through consumption, lest proximity feed the mana lines. Return to the Marsh, bathe and be anew. Ignore your monkey-years of soft-skin-living. Breathe the mire, and wash conventions from your mind.

Jassatha! Hist mahisitiss An-Xileel liliss parathassiakil saxhleel!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-31-2010, 04:23 PM,

Nice link to the An-Xileel... Wink
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-31-2010, 04:35 PM,

Glad you like it. I think it could do with being expanded a bit myself, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

08-31-2010, 04:37 PM,

Fragments might be the best option until we develop our understanding of the An-Xileel and their goals. Those fragments can then hint at those goals.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-31-2010, 09:50 PM,

I agree with Ibsen. Fragments would be a good idea for now.

Good job, Deeza! Even if I didn't understand a lot of the "lizard language"....

Speaking of which, should we somehow have in game for player reference, a compiled dictionary that non-Argonians might have made, that defines what various native Argonian words mean?

We'd have to track down all those words to define, but The Imperial Library and that Elder Scrolls book that was released after Oblivion, will provide such words.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-31-2010, 09:54 PM,

Too lengthy a task for me, personally. I'm sure another modder might undertake such a task though. That's the sort of thing I imagine happening when the beta is released. People may want to add their own custom mods to it (instead of contributing usefully and directly, the sly *******s!) X(
08-31-2010, 09:57 PM,

Not to mention all the lore goons who'll flame us for some alleged contradiction of a book that was mentioned in a bar room conversation in TES1: Arena....

08-31-2010, 10:07 PM,

Ahahaha! Yes, we'll need to get our hobnail boots on when we make a release so we can go round kicking smart-assed idiots in the knackers! Big Grin
08-31-2010, 10:11 PM,

I think the best way is, when we release, we put up a statement that includes our lore policy (which I understand to be: follow wherever possible, bend whenever following it means we couldn't make a playable mod). I think most people would see that as reasonable, even if there are some things they don't like. And they'd always be welcome to make a dependent mod to remedy a supposed deficiency...

08-31-2010, 10:14 PM,

It happened a fair bit with Lost Spires...although Leo didn't like the idea of leaving his esm in another person's hands when they suggested doing an overhaul....