Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side quests in Ionith
09-19-2010, 01:33 PM,
Side quests in Ionith
Hello again I have ideas for mini side quests in Ionith I will add ideas as I think of them heres my 2 ideas so far.

1st side quest: 4 Yellow Monkies

This quest is when you are walking towards Ionith you spot 4 Tang mo they are frightened the leader of the four (the tallest) goes up to you his name is Dau Stuioa he says "Please help us we don't know what that monster is in the distance we are too cowardly to go check can you please go check for us?" then you follow the marker
to a tall Tsaeci named Ruicucsi you talk to him and he is happy you say are you scaring those 4 Tang mo explorers in the distance?" then he says "No not at all I am just waiting for them to come so I can welcome them to Ionith!". Then you go back to the Tang mo and talk to Dau and say "Its just a Tsaeci named Ruicucsi he said he just is waiting for all of you to go towards Ionith so he can welcome you to the city theres nothing to be worried about". Then Dau says "oh well I guess we should be going to Ionith." Then they start moving towards the city and you go back to Ruicucsi and say " Well they are not scared any more." then Ruicucsi says " Perfect thanks for luring them in I didnt have a meal all day". Then you have a choice to chuckle and say "well enjoy Monkey Meat" or you can say " WHAT? YOUR GUNNA EAT THEM! DIE!" Then you have to kill Ruicucsi. If you watch Ruicucsi kill the 4 tang mo Explorers you get their items and their gold. IF you kill Ruicucsi you will get his items (no gold hes poor) and you get to wear his skull on your head as a cool Tsaesci skull helmet that has frost resist and immunity to poison.

2nd Side Quest: Meltrinor the Snake Charmer

You start hearing rumors from the Tsaeci woman of Ionith of a High elf book seller who charms the Tsaeci women and that alot of the Tsaeci women in Ionith love him. Then you talk to a Tsaeci male named Yustarnsci and you do choice "Meltrinor" and he gets angry and says yea all the Tsaeci women love him right?" then you say "I guess so" Then Yustarnsci says "Can you ask my partner Fistarnua if she is attracted to this Meltrinor guy?" then you say yes or no. Then if you say yes you find Fistarnua with map marker then you ask her about Meltrinor. She says "Well he is stunning I would leave Yustarnsci any day for Meltrinor". Then you decide if you should tell Yustarnsci the truth or tell him that she is not attracted to Meltrinor. If you tell Yustarnsci the lie the quest is over and Yustarnsci is so happy that he gives you a book on how to kill High elves the quickest way (because he doesnt need it anymore). If you tell yustarnsci the truth he goes to his partner and confronts her but while he is doing that you could tell Meltrinor to flee the city and sail off to Summerset isle while there is time or you could just watch Yustarnsci murder Meltrinor. If you tell Meltrinor to flee he will flee and never come back then Yustarnsci kills his partner instead. If you let Yustarnsci kill Meltrinor then Yustarnsci Flees the city and hides out somewhere outside of Ionith far from Ionith since he is a fugitive on the run. After the quest if Yustarnsci flees you will find him in the hidden Tavern in the bad parts of the major Tang mo city just sitting down Drinking his life away.

3rd side quest: The Snake's Whiskers
coming soon....
Ninevene
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM,

Keep the ideas coming. I am still not sure how this is going to come together.
09-19-2010, 11:12 PM,

what do you mean how this is gunna come together ? Smile
Ninevene
09-20-2010, 11:29 AM,

Idea 1:The Tang Mo are at war with Tsaeci why would they trust em?
Idea 2:A High Elf in Akavir woot?
There was a thread on this forum about using Tamrielic races ingame or not and the local lore masters decided not to use any to make Akavir more exotic and lore friendly.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
09-20-2010, 09:59 PM,

LOL you again! I understand the High elf thing but come on the tang mo were scared in the first place and they didn't know what it was they were explorers so I will keep that idea but the other one i will change the high elf to a Ka'po tun
Ninevene
09-20-2010, 10:16 PM,

I am really glad to see more ideas being thrown into the mix. As I said earlier, I have no idea how this is all going to come together. I say that because so far nothing has come together, even though a whole lot of work has been done.
09-20-2010, 11:54 PM,

your the mod leader can i keep the high elf? He will go back to summerset isles or die anyway.
Ninevene
09-21-2010, 05:31 PM,

Puting one High Elf will mean that we will put dozens of Cyrodilic NPCs to Akavir it is not a one minute decision...
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM,

I think you will lose a very great deal of the uniqueness and mystery of this mod if you allow even one NPC from the conventional Cyrodiilic races. The mod leaders have quite correctly resisted all the many and various attempts to shoehorn the vanilla races into Akavir and I sincerely trust that they will continue to do so.
Morcroft Darkes
09-21-2010, 06:56 PM,

Hello again Ninevene:

I am the facilitator for this mod. The position we have taken not to include any vanilla races as npcs was very thoroughly and carefully thought out.

Morcroft is correct that our main reason for this is that we do not want to lose the uniqueness and mystery that is Akavir. There are well over 8000 mods out there for Oblivion. Why would anyone want more of of the same when they can get something different.

Take a look at the releases that have come out of Silgrad Tower as well as the new Elseweyr project headed by Lady Nerevar or the new translation of the Nehrim project for examples of original work that have been well received. Another example is the Lost Spires.

I believe you will find that one of the reasons they have been and continue to be successful is because they are not vanilla.