Poll: Good or bad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bad
0%
0 0%
Good
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG Quest: Goblin took my baby
10-01-2010, 11:30 AM,
FG Quest: Goblin took my baby
ntro:
A member of the Tear Fighters Guild gives you a quest in which a mother is missing a baby. The PC is then to talk to the mother and ask her what has happened exactly. But the PC arrives to find the woman in a drunken stupor. The PC must now ask around town if they have seen a missing child anywhere. After a few disposition maxes he discovers that the child was last seen at Pilgrim Cove looking at the sea. The man approached the child but she ran away.
Pilgrim Cove:
The PC travels to Pilgrim Cove and finds nothing at all but does find a small locked cave. The PC talks to the Duke of Tear and asks for the key but he tells him that the cave is filled with monsters and has been locked for years. The PC must then find another entrance into the cave. Once inside the player finds monsters everywhere and must fight to get through it. Once at the bottom of the cave he finds a small corpse of a little girl. Her diary reads:
"My mother hit me. She hit me hard. I ran as fast as I could and I found this cave. The monsters let me through but mommy followed me and hit me again until I bled. To whoever reads this: Please kill mommy.
Journal update:
I found the diary of the missing girl but there's something not right about it. I feel wrong reading it, and it looks like it's written in blood.

Abrigayle Haronsk: "(spoken whispery and childlike) Sleep, touch the book and sleep! A feast, we're having a feast!"

The player falls to the ground (obviously poisoned from reading the book) and is teleported (i.e. loading screen-ed) to another chamber.

You find yourself in a room filled with all manner of various enemies, all wanting to kill and eat you. Among them is Abrigayle. The place is littered with bones, dead adventurer's gear and gold. Once you've slain the lot, you fight your way back up through the cave, out the door that was locked, and then return to the FG for your reward.|
badumpish
10-01-2010, 11:58 AM,
RE: FG Quest: Goblin took my baby
I moved the thread to the QD board (originally posted on the FG board).

Thanks for posting your concept/idea. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-01-2010, 03:33 PM,

Sounds ok to me.

Just a few points - Tear isn't in this mod, so it will have to be somewhere else, perhaps steadhelm, as we are planning on adding quests there in the near future.

Also, it sounds like more of a misc. quest to me - perhaps it could be pinned up on the notice board in steadhelm as a "Help Wanted" poster or something. Besides, all the FG questline appears to be pretty much 'set in stone' at the moment, although TID will know more about that.

In general, though, I like it! :goodjob:
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
10-02-2010, 02:26 AM,

I like the concept. :goodjob: A few notes:
- As jucklesjenk mentioned above, Tear is not in the Silgrad Tower mod
- Dead children I feel is something that should be avoided, though nothing says that the daughter can't be older - say late teens or early 20's. Smile

I wouldn't call the FG quest line set in stone, but I can see this as more of a miscellaneous quest since it does not seem as though anyone would be paying the FG for this service (as a mercenary guild), but I could be wrong.
10-02-2010, 03:24 AM,

Ok I think those are all great additions. I s'pose this isn't really an FG quest. I s'pose we could make the daughter older but then the diary isn't as suspicious due to it being grammatically correct. Sorry about the Tear thing. Didn't realize.
badumpish
10-02-2010, 06:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by XXMagma5
I s'pose this isn't really an FG quest. I s'pose we could make the daughter older but then the diary isn't as suspicious due to it being grammatically correct. Sorry about the Tear thing. Didn't realize.
Don't worry about it. :goodjob:

After all, it's only a concept, and rarely would a quest ever not need slight alterations. Smile
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]