Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaven Fenlands
10-03-2010, 11:46 PM,

@ Deeza and morcroft - Yes, Murkwood does have a caldera according to the height map I created. It may not be an obvious one but we'll have to see once it's generated and we have the LOD. However, it's not one huge caldera. The caldera itself surrounds the settlement of 'Mulum' which I'm planning on using as a small collection of houses that surround the tree city of Murkwood itself.

As for the look, I think you got it sussed. Things get wetter further South. I wanted Murkwood to be quite substantial, for variety's sake as much as anything. Plus I'm pretty sure that the only way you're going to get that 'dripping with goo' effect on those tupelo-style trees in the pic is by creating static models.

Murkwood does have plenty of water but mainly in the form of streams and rivers rather than large sections of waterland. Vudai Marsh will probably be a bit wetter actually but some of that will be quicksand.

@ Xae - Excellent selection of names! I'll give this a little thought and then create a poll. :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-03-2010, 11:48 PM,

Thanks for clearing that up Ibsen. A poll would be a good idea I think. Does this mean that it's just Arnesia that needs landscaping now?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-04-2010, 12:02 AM,

Oh no, landscaping is ongoing. That's the long and painful process after region generation and there's still tons.

But I'm assuming you meant region generation. Well, the two big ones after Murkwood are the Vudai Marsh and Arnesian Jungle. After this, it's all quite small. This bog and the Wamasus Hills are likely to be generated with some of the same stuff as their adjoining regions and are very, very small. Thereafter, the Eastern coast consists of the Klamahee Glades and the Hankaj Coast. I have ideas for those two but nothing concrete.

Basically, Murkwood and the other two biggies are the ones needed for the beta.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-05-2010, 09:22 AM,

That doesn't sound too bad then. Judging by the region dev threads, we're pretty close to generating all of those, am I correct? Then we'll just need to do the grunt work along the border of the beta region.

Let's hope we get some fresh talent arriving once the beta is released. It certainly should generate a lot of interest.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-05-2010, 06:05 PM,

Spot on on all counts, Deeza! :yes:
10-05-2010, 09:09 PM,

I updated the OP. :check:
03-25-2011, 09:31 PM,

I chose the Blackwood region as the preset cell for this region. I'll be sorting through our assets and assigning trees, flora, rocks and so on to the region shortly although I should more or less have everything I need.