Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islands V1.7 Esm
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM,
Islands V1.7 Esm
Another update guys. Please everyone have a play test and tell me what you think. I have included the esp for ease of loading.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DB6US3TB

There is an update to the master file (.esm):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWV6DY01

Quote:Valenwood Alpha V1.7

Here is another update to the .esm

Changes v1.7
Merge of all existing files
Interiors
Added Morcrofts reefs
Added Morcrofts books and placed some in the game world
Stopped trees being able to be removed
Linked caves to the landscape
Complete the alylied part of the spider cave

NOTE: I have included the .esp aswell for people who want to test the island without quests.

I have also included all the real sword Bosmer files but im yet to add them to the CS!
10-18-2010, 07:58 AM,

Could we please have the quests .esp merged to the main file? Or has it already been merged in this release?
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM,

I dont want to merge the quests until its complete, clean and bug free. Why do you want it merged anyway? It still has some errors when loading it in the cs. Anyone know if the doc is going to finish the quests?
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM,

Dr Mccoy hasn't been on the boards for about 2 months now, so I made myself available to work on the MQ (however I've been bogged down the Elsweyr Heightmap, etc, but I'm (slightly) free-er now to work on it) -but haven't really wanted to touch the file because of how messy it is (having it merged would take a load of stress off of me, I'm not really sure what I can and can't touch, etc).

Edit: If Dr Mccoy was to come back though, I'd more than happily give the quest making duties back to him, because I'm not the most experienced in that department (I can do it, just at a very slow pace because I haven't done it that much in the past), plus he knows what to do, and where everything is at.
10-18-2010, 02:00 PM,

OK i understand. Didn't realise you had said you would do it. I would try but i have no idea where to start. I have never done any questing.

Surely its safer not having it merged as you cant do anything to the master file. Therefore you can change touch what you want. Aslong as a master of the quest is kept you cant go too far wrong. Like i said i didn't want to merge a file which is slightly buggy due to the master change it needed.
10-18-2010, 02:04 PM,

Well a back up of the masterfile pre-merging it with the quests can be kept, because it seems the quests .esp links up some of the ints (and possibly includes some new ones), which really should be in the masterfile anyway -and then once the two are successfully merged, I don't have to worry about muddling up anything at all, and I know what I'm starting with is clean.
10-26-2010, 12:04 PM,

Thats true. I dont see the difference between merging or not. Its just i dont like the errors the Cs gives. Has anyone tried the islands or play tested the quests with the new master?
11-09-2010, 10:39 AM,

Here is a merge of the quest esp and the master file. This will update all the interiors and links to the external world. I have included a .esm for modding and a .esp for people who just want to have a go (bug finding). Im yet to check but there may be a few errors when opening in the CS. If i remember correctly its a about a package which is unable to be completed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWV6DY01

Note you will still need 1.7 from above for all the files.