Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arnesian Jungle Development
02-22-2011, 10:51 PM,

That texture link doesn't seem to be working.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-22-2011, 10:58 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
That texture link doesn't seem to be working.

Huh, it works for me..it might be a security feature from the website, perhaps.. dunno.

Try this -

Go here...:

http://mayang.com/textures/index.htm

...then go to "Moss & Lichen", under the "Plants" section...it's the last texture at very bottom of the page, to the far right.

Tell me if that works.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
02-22-2011, 11:12 PM,

It's giving me the message 'please visit us directly for textures at http://www.mayang.com/textures/'.

It did that even when I went directly to http://www.mayang.com....very odd. It must think I'm some kind of bot when I went via the first link. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you posting up a reduced quality image here....they're free, after all.

@ KP - Btw, I just sent a PM about grass. I'll darken the grass if I can get the damn thing working properly....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-22-2011, 11:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
It's giving me the message 'please visit us directly for textures at http://www.mayang.com/textures/'.

It did that even when I went directly to http://www.mayang.com....very odd. It must think I'm some kind of bot when I went via the first link. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you posting up a reduced quality image here....they're free, after all.

@ KP - Btw, I just sent a PM about grass. I'll darken the grass if I can get the damn thing working properly....

Ok, a reduced quality version of the image is attached to this post.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
02-23-2011, 12:20 AM,

I'm not sure but it may look a bit too rocky. The advantage of the maniamoss texture is that it's very high-quality indeed and is really convincing with the moss overload. I'm using other mania textures elsewhere for the rocky parts.....dunno, but if you want to see what you can do with it, be my guest. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-23-2011, 01:34 AM,

The asset replacement instructions are now complete. Once I get the latest archive update uploaded tomorrow then we'll be all set for the final generation procedure. :check:
02-23-2011, 02:47 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I'm not sure but it may look a bit too rocky. The advantage of the maniamoss texture is that it's very high-quality indeed and is really convincing with the moss overload. I'm using other mania textures elsewhere for the rocky parts.....dunno, but if you want to see what you can do with it, be my guest. :yes:

It's actually mud, not rock, that you're seeing. The reduced quality of the texture kind of hides that fact.

Let me work with the texture, and see what I can create. If you still don't like the results after you've tried it, then don't use it.

A question: Can ground textures be swapped out easily, after region gen is done, with the swapped-in texture taking the place of the previous texture, and showing up as such?

Give me a couple of days, at least, before I work on it. I have a friend coming over tomorrow, on Wednesday, and have to have a cat taken to be shaved at the groomers on Thursday (...don't ask...).

Koniption
02-23-2011, 09:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
A question: Can ground textures be swapped out easily, after region gen is done, with the swapped-in texture taking the place of the previous texture, and showing up as such?
Theoretically, yes. However, as this is a vanilla land texture we're talking about then no. Additionally, if the texture had been used elsewhere, then no. It's still very much possible but the only solution would be to ask sandor to switch around the textures using his region editor. I don't think that would prove too difficult though, all the same.

I'm about to send everything for sorting Arnesia so I guess it could be altered later. Sandor has always said he'd be able to make alterations like that so I don't see why it would prove undo-able. We'd just have to depend on his skills and resources there as opposed to my own.

I realise you said not to ask but it's not a were-cat, is it?
02-23-2011, 12:37 PM,

I changed the texture and darkened the grass. What these screenshots should demonstrate is the process I went through. I began by choosing the Dementia grasses but soon realised they looked very wrong and the grass level wasn't high enough. I then used KP's texture (which I think came out very well; thanks!) and darkened the mania grasses to create the latter effect. As you can see, I took shots which demonstrates the contrast between, in some cases, the old maniamoss grass and, in other cases, the lighter grasses that act as the pastureland area of Arnesia.

Nevertheless, the darker grass in the latter shots is now by far the dominant texture and grass type.
02-23-2011, 06:30 PM,

Nice screenies!

I also saw the new screenies you posted of the various settlements, too. They all look nice! Not sure what is causing that weird lighting issue on the hut, though...I might can look into it at some point.

Um, about the cat...let's just say he has long hair, and it matted real bad.

Koniption