Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking recipies
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM,
Cooking recipies
I was just wondering if there are any cooking recipies for Black Marsh. This would be a nice addtion to the NPC homes. Like in Cyrodiil with some notes around in houses on how to make healing potion and such...

Though if i am to make any guides on how to make potions, it would be very nice with some information on what what the combination of some ingridients does. If there is already plenty with potion notes, just ignore this thread.
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM,
RE: Cooking recipies
Quote:Originally posted by DraconickDog
I was just wondering if there are any cooking recipies for Black Marsh. This would be a nice addtion to the NPC homes. Like in Cyrodiil with some notes around in houses on how to make healing potion and such...

Though if I am to make any guides on how to make potions, it would be very nice with some information on what what the combination of some ingridients does. If there is already plenty with potion notes, just ignore this thread.

RE: Cooking....

Actually, you bring up an interesting point, and one we should think about for Blackmarsh.

So far, I don't think Blackmarsh has any "pre-cooked" meals or dishes made with combos of ingredients....we only have raw ingredients so far, to the best of my knowledge.

I assume Argonians are mostly meat-eaters....but I don't think they can rely entirely on meat, since they have to sample alchemy ingredients just like other races, to get any benefits from those ingredients (whether in potion form, or just plain raw ingredients).

Therefore, Argonians must have some tolerance of and maybe even enjoy eating plant-based ingredients, too. I mean, I use to own an Iguana when I was younger, and he ate EVERYTHING. He ate meat, insects, veggies, fruits, dried cat food, etc. So I like to think of Argonians as Iguanas, in many respects.

I think we have enough potions right now, but I think making up some creative food dishes using the ingredients we have for this Blackmarsh mod, would be nice. Those prepared food dishes could then be turned into different alchemy ingredients with different effects.

RE: A guide for what effects various ingredients have....

I think we still need most of our ingredients to be given appropriate and balanced effects. We're lacking such a thing for them.If you want to take on the task of deciding what effects each ingred should have, this might come in useful for reference:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1941

It's a spreadsheet you can download, that lists Oblivion's ingredients, and the effects that each has. It is then further broken down into "poisons" vs "food" items.

Ingredients marked as "Food" in the Construction Set, always have a "good" effect listed as the first effect (Example: "Restore Fatigue")....but ingredients marked as "poisons" have a "bad" effect listed first.....the first effect for each ingredient is what determines what the sampling or eating of that raw singular ingredient does to the player & NPC's, effect-wise (like if not mixed in a potion). After the first effect, both "foods" and "poisons" can have up to three more effects, which can be anything, whether good or bad.

Also, you don't want to lean too heavily towards any one effect - try to balance the effects across the ingredients.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-07-2010, 06:42 PM,

This would be an excellent addition, both in the form of recipes and as something you might be able to do in the construction set. As things stand, we have plenty of flora and other ingredients but I have yet to assign properties to them. I was planning on simply taking a look at what ingredients existed for SI and then matching them up to their nearest 'brother' in terms of what we have here. Doing things this way will ensure that it's all evenly balanced between the different properties.

However, if you were to sort through them, it would be of immense benefit to us and take another important bit of modding off my own hands...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-08-2010, 09:24 AM,

I bet that the Argonian food is not that tasty. Wink
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM,

Well, my dad gave me his old laptop, so i guess that i could try to learn myself to mod now, but i can't promise that i will learn it through the night... Might take some time. I'll try though Smile

EDIT:

Oh darn i haven't downloaded windows office yet -.-, i'll get it as fast as i can.
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Catlemur
I bet that the Argonian food is not that tasty. Wink

You betcha! The 'Marshland Glow' in Gideon is renowned for its 'unique cuisine'....and may I recommend the centipede steak with a piquant croc-bile mustard...?

Well, my dad gave me his old laptop, so I guess that I could try to learn myself to mod now, but I can't promise that I will learn it through the night... Might take some time. I'll try though Smile

EDIT:

Oh darn I haven't downloaded windows office yet -.-, i'll get it as fast as I can.

Sure, it always takes a while. I found it fun to learn though, personally...and if you have the chance to use some of our assets then it's extra fun because you get to make something particularly unique... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-08-2010, 10:33 PM,

Well, my dad gave me his old laptop, so I guess that I could try to learn myself to mod now, but I can't promise that I will learn it through the night... Might take some time. I'll try though Smile

EDIT:

Oh darn I haven't downloaded windows office yet -.-, i'll get it as fast as I can.

Hi DraconickDog,

You can also choose to get "Open Office" instead:

http://www.openoffice.org/

It's a free office suite you can download. It can import and export "Microsoft Office" files, too (whether spreadsheet, text file, etc).

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-09-2010, 02:54 PM,

I found an office cd at home so i will start with organizing the effects, and later might write recipies =) Is it these plants on this link that will be added?
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM,

No, don't use that link. You'll have to use our own custom flora...although that link does lead you to the vanilla flora / ingredients (the stuff that's already in Oblivion) which might also be used to some lesser extent in recipes.

Just one crucial point: It may prove a little difficult to come up with recipes that fit in with our lore before anyone has actually defined the properties of these flora. As things stand, no one has quite yet defined what effects each of the ingredients have. It's not a huge job, particularly but it will take some time to carefully plan out. Both myself and Koniption (who is the modeller for most of our plants) are the best guides to this so we can provide a bit of assistance....like maybe changing some ingredients for others. Nevertheless, most properties will reflect the real-world versions of many of these plants (and other ingredients) as a lot of them are based on actual tropical varieties.

Here is the full list of ingredients so far (and there may be more):

Angel Trumpets (plant)
Ash Lion heart, meat and teeth
Bamboo Corm
Black Caiman Teeth
Black Troll Fat
Giant Mosquito Blood Sac
Blueberries
Brains (of unknown origin, probably humanoid)
Bushel Gourd
Caiman Meat
Calabash Gourd
Catnip (Plant)
Centipede Mandibles
Roast Centipede
Charged Particles (properties already given)
Chokeflower Spore
Clear Jelly (I think this was from the jellyfish)
Club Gourd
Ripe Coconut
Mature Coconut
'Brain' Coral
Peach, Purple and Red Coral Fungi
Crocodile Meat and Teeth
Dark Crystals (properties already given)
Desert Rose Sap
Divine Slime (properties already given)
Dragon Arum
Durzog Meat
Fear (lizard) claws and heart
Fireroot
Dead fly
Gagroot (rare plant)
Goldfinger banana
Green Ti (Large Plant)
Grume Goblet Fungi
Haem Crystals (properties already given)
Ripe Hala Fruit
Orange, Pink and Red Hibiscus Flower
Honeycomb
Hyaenodon Teeth, Heart, Liver and Meat
Purple and Green Lumberries
Maggot
Mango Fruit
Mantis Wax
Monstera Fruit
Nettle
Nirnworm
Leviathan's Nose Horn
Passion Fruit
Peach Fruit
Pineapple Fruit
Plantago Weed
Marsh Poppy Seedpod
Rootworm Steak (rare)
Rotten Rootworm Steak (rare)
Saffron (Plant)
Sea Urchin Roe
Seedpod Trap (not really an ingredient)
Tropical Spider Silk
Sloth's Foot fungi
Sorrel Plant
Spirit Residue (properties already given)
Stardust (Plant ingredient)
Sugar Cane
Sugar Gourd
Sunflower Seeds
Suppurating Polyp
Sylvan Mushroom Caps
Tillandsia Bulbosa
Vafurlogi Essence (properties already given)
Vanilla Beans
Virulent Polyp
Wet Gristle
Tarantula Spider Venin
Zeflon (Deer) Meat

Btw, you will need a modder's abbreviation to submit work. Mine is IG (for Ibsen's Ghost) and Koniption's is KP. How's DD?
11-10-2010, 11:36 AM,

If you believe that those ingridients are too few you can posibly add some Morrowind specific ones,the player may be able to buy those on the Morrowind border.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html