Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamebryo Engine, up for sale; used by Bethesda
02-23-2011, 03:21 AM,

How much is it going for?
I don't think you can afford it.

It's a bit scary to think that the CS will be completely different. I'm sure I cannot take on another CS.
I half know Morrowind's CS
I quarter know Oblivion's
5% know Fallout
This new one will probably re-invent itself and mean that Nifskope and Blender will need new addons to be re-learned.... and probably won't work with XP.

oh dear - am I worrying too much?
Is anyone else apprehensive about SkyRim's modding?

I was hoping they would take the old CS and the engine and make it a stand-a-lone program that you could buy for $69 to make your own games.
02-23-2011, 06:37 AM,

The CS is almost certainly going to be an updated and shinier version of FONV's. It looked similar in the video and the devs haven't said anything about it changing radically.

Quote:I was hoping they would take the old CS and the engine and make it a stand-a-lone program that you could buy for $69 to make your own games.
You can already do that with what we have now. If you want to build games from the ground up there are much better tools out there than Beth's gamebryo variant. Releasing it as a stand alone tool is also illegal, since its not their engine and is modded with middleware.

The only thing to be worried about is exporters. There is however a chance that Beth will release their own for 3DS, since its their own engine to do with as they please. Plugins for Blender and Max could then be reverse engineered much easier and faster than from the ground up.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-23-2011, 08:48 AM,

well now that they have their own engine thay can charge for it
but they wont
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!