Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trailer
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM,

I should be able to begin work on this soon seeing as my new PC is now running quite deliciously and should be able to get video footage. Hopefully, I'll be able to restart modding soon as I'm pretty much back to where I was with respect to having all the files ready.

Could people please continue to post suggestions of what they would like to see included in the trailer in this thread as per this post: The Trailer ?

Thanks.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-23-2011, 11:18 PM,

After speaking with Deeza, I figured that the trailer could take the form of a kind of spoof 'survivalist' video in the vein of 'Bear Grylls' if anyone knows what I mean by that. Okay, here's some ideas for reference, beginning with some old ones mentioned previously:
  • Bargaining with a Sload in Soulrest
  • Hauling yourself out of quicksand in the Vudai Marsh
  • Live and dead rootworms with a glimpse of the rotten innards occupied by mantis
  • Fighting a tarantula in Tangleweave Caverns
  • Blasted by seedpods in the jungle
  • Thwacked by whipvines in a mossy cave
  • Attacked by a Barsaebic spirit in darkest Murkwood
  • In Blackrose when a monsoon strikes
  • Turning a corner right into a flying root mould in a Hist Shrine
  • Cutting down a crocodile before diving into the lagoon at Xarphyrial
  • Gazing over Glenbridge from a marsh house
  • Attacked by a Bogtoad in a mossy part of Wrothwyll Fen
  • Stung by an urchin or savaged by a Hammerhead near a coral reef

This, however, is all very 'hazard-based' and we may benefit from some interiors such as my beloved turtleshell houses, mounts such as the Guars and lizards and shots of the pulsating 'slime factories' of the Paatru. I'll hold back on the Hist Dimension for now. I have plans for that.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-23-2011, 11:33 PM,

We could, of course, have more than one trailer. One would show off the "scenic" aspects of the mod (beautiful locations, cities, etc.), whereas the other would focus more on combat and the new obstacles players will have to contend with.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-23-2011, 11:36 PM,

True but DoZeNt had a focus on that in the last one. I think we're due a more action-oriented approach this time round.
02-24-2011, 12:11 AM,

I guess I meant action and hazards rather than actual fighting.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-27-2011, 12:50 PM,

So, what possibilities do the latest esm/bsa provide?

Is it the time to start recording stuff?
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM,

Funny you should mention that actually. I was about to go through the esm again tonight and pick up some more footage. So yes, we are (or, at least, I am) collecting material together. It's all recorded on this thread. In some cases, I can set up the footage. In other words, if there are no crocodiles positioned near Xarphyrial then I'll just place them there myself and then go into the game to grab the footage. 'Staging' things like this might be the best way to get interesting stuff that flaunts a wider range of what we have to offer.

The only problem is that the footage I collect makes for very large video files. It doesn't bother my huge hard-drive but it makes passing stuff around more difficult and time-consuming.
03-27-2011, 08:04 PM,

Moving uncompressed video files of 720p or higher is quite the beastly task, indeed. Even compressed they'd still be very large, and that's with a drop in quality. A better way to do it would be to make the storyboard for the trailer first with screenshots and details on footage ideas, as it were, so that one person, probably the one to do the editing, can come in at the end and record them all.
03-27-2011, 11:08 PM,

Agreed. I dont actualy have much time to do modding,(university ftw) but I can cope with the trailer. what I need is a list of all required footage and all the files that make the scenes in-game.. I would also like to take some shots of lilmoth and other newest settlements. As I wrote above, there is an actual "storyine" needed. It can be based on just some smart words or maybe on the questline. Plus the logo and titles/credits. And of course music. Btw, I had an idea of taking the original Elder scrolls melody and rewriting it in a "blackmarsh" manner.

How far are we now from the release? maybe its the time to start working on the intro/outro videoclips for the mod?
03-27-2011, 11:39 PM,

I've been wanting to get the trailer done for some time. It's having the time to do it, really. I'd go by the guidelines of what has been suggested above but bear in mind that I'll be doing one of these myself. My thoughts right now are that maybe I'll do a less 'film trailer' style and just focus on showing off aspects of the mod such as the different regions in one vid, dungeons and monsters in another and so on.

The editing isn't the hard part. It's quite fun, actually. Getting quality footage and designing something genuinely appealing takes time and thought.

The beta release is a way off yet until I can actually find time to mod again. If I had been as free and available these past three months as I was around the end of last year then we'd be close to completion for the beta but if it's just me doing the modding and file handling etc etc, it goes really slow.