Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RELz] Black Marsh beta (with ETA)
12-25-2010, 04:08 PM,

True. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-25-2010, 09:04 PM,

Whoa, hold on there guys!

I appreciate the thought of receiving donations, but if by chance you do decide to set up some sort of donation thingy for me, please, please, PM Bethesda (like GStaff over at the Bethesda thread) to ask if this is something that is legal, BEFORE you set up a donation thing.

I don't want to end up getting donations, only to find myself being charged or arrested for some wrongdoing...

I know my portfolio of models looks nice, but there are complications to me getting full-time contract work. It is a complicated situation, that I won't go into detail about.

Koniption

PS - when you hear from GStaff or some Bethesda official, be sure to forward their reply to me. I'm serious.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-25-2010, 09:54 PM,

Yeah...
You should probably have waited for Koniptions reply...
:eek:
12-25-2010, 11:32 PM,

Donations are a bad idea, okay you're not directly charging for content, but it might not be seen that way by Beth, and with the recent trouble with another modder charging for content, things my get a bit mixed up.

Best to stay away from that Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-26-2010, 01:18 AM,

True true but I am a lazy shy so I might not get around to it till the start of January so I will try contact Bethesda about it and if they so no then it's a no but if they say yes then we'll all be as happy kids in a modding store!

The Facebook page will be up as soon as I can get around to it and I will try to contact Bethesda to see whether it alrite
And I do stress the try

NR
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
12-26-2010, 04:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Nero
True true but I am a lazy shy so I might not get around to it till the start of January so I will try contact Bethesda about it and if they so no then it's a no but if they say yes then we'll all be as happy kids in a modding store!

The Facebook page will be up as soon as I can get around to it and I will try to contact Bethesda to see whether it alrite
And I do stress the try

NR

Actually, I'm siding with InsanitySorrow on this. Bethesda most likely will say no.

So Nero, I do not want a Facebook "donation" account set up in my honor or anything.

I appreciate the thought, I really do. But if it is something that will potentially get me (and some others) in trouble, it's not worth it.

So please don't do the Facebook thing.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-26-2010, 06:10 AM,

okay,
you are of a higher power then me so it is your call
but the page i will set up but not for money or donations or any profeteria i will set it up for other people to be notified and that as alot of people use it and are into modding as well so it would be a quick anmd easy way to notify.

okay, i wasn't probably going to contact them anyway due to them being very busy with TES V so it was not going to be even responded to probably.
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
12-26-2010, 05:01 PM,

Its legal to charge/request donations for mod-related stuff, like website hosting and faster download speeds, but it is not legal to charge for actual modded content. If you're interested in getting money and exposure, I'd recommend selling your models on a website like Turbosquid (though you obviously couldn't include Bethesda content in that).
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
12-26-2010, 06:43 PM,

Well, I hadn't expected such an energetic discussion. I was only speaking about the feasibility of receiving donations in principle. AFAIK Nero wasn't suggesting a 'pay by Facebook' kind of a deal. It (having a presence on Facebook) was just intended as a promo exercise, was that not the case?

Anyway, if we do manage to acquire any cash for our efforts then it will need to be laid out clearly beforehand who stands to profit from it. We'll have a proper discussion if it comes to that. Lost Spires had a part of the website so I'd figured that maybe we might do the same if we were ever to get a proper website of our own.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-27-2010, 02:49 AM,

yes,
i had always meant to only meant to promote via Facebook as it is probably the biggest social network site.
I have set it up and everything, just doing the lil tit bits for it. I will post on Beth's page that there is now a page for black marsh
and LN, if we could charge people for a faster download of the Beta wen it gets released. That would be better than donations i think.
Good Idea for putting that up.

If this grows to a big discussion then we should post up a new thread for sure.

Now, bak to the Beta, if we release it in april, when do u think we will release the vainnilla or watever the full ones called.
But if we dont release it by TES V (which is unlikely) then we will still be good i think as people are still modding morrowind so y cant we still mod OB just cause a new TES is out.

Cheers and thanks
NR