Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RELz] Black Marsh beta (with ETA)
12-27-2010, 03:20 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Nero
and LN, if we could charge people for a faster download of the Beta wen it gets released. That would be better than donations I think.
For that you'd need a dedicated download server thats faster than TES Nexus' (or wherever you're hosting it), which would probably set you back more than you could gain through donations. Personally, I believe that modding is a hobby, not something to profit from. Besides, there is no way to distribute the money fairly (does only the core get it? Specific people? Who is worth it? What about people who are gone?). Unless its covering specific costs (i.e. website/server, which ya'll don't have), it becomes practically impossible to split it in a way that would leave everyone satisfied.

Personally, I don't think a facebook is worth it. A fan group is potentially a good idea, but its not a place people go to find out about mods. Its really only good to keep up to date on things, not find new stuff you enjoy.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
12-27-2010, 04:43 AM,

perhaps its wrong for me to randomly interrupt this but i thought id just say that i agree with lady neravar - you dont want to try and split up funds. things can only get ugly when you put $ value on projects initially done for personal enjoyment. $$$ turns lambs into lions and we all know theres only place for the lion in a pride. (lambs are happy just grazing Big Grin)
12-27-2010, 04:56 AM,

okay
i guess your right if we want to get payed, then we should apply for a job at beth
but yes, the Facebook page is to update! It was never going to be for anything else but telling them what is happening.
If u guys let me, i might post up screenshots, or videoes or anything. Links and stuff are also good as some people might not no where to go to find this mega mod.
rather then make them scroll through all these thread sto find what is going on, i can tell them directly and send messages to the fans if they wish.
And we could see an estimate of how many people will get this mod.
look,
i think if this is such a big discussion then we need to open a new thread, but it isnt.
It is a simple thing. I will update the fans for them rather then making them do the scrolling and clicking.
Post links screenshots and videoes. If they know that w're organized, ten they will assume this mod is organized. Which it is.
Look, i have meant not to offend anyone by trying to create a facebook page. And if i have then i am sorry.

Cheers and thxs
NR
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
12-27-2010, 03:37 PM,

It's no problem. People just have different approaches. I update the Bethesda thread from time-to-time. You can use anything on there, if you wish. Just check the OP (original post) of this thread here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/to...k-marshes/ .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-29-2010, 02:26 PM,

Hey IG, may I suggest you superimpose a text at the very top that says the mod is not released yet, just in case? Changing the thread name could also work.
12-29-2010, 06:24 PM,

I hope the addition of 'with ETA' in brackets will be sufficient...?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-27-2011, 10:53 AM,
RE: [RELz] Black Marsh beta (with ETA)
It looks brilliant. It in fact makes the Elswyer mod look much less professional.

I have a suggestion here. Even if this mod is not finished, why not release the mod anyways on tesnexus or somewhere else? This will attract modders and interest into this project. To be frank, I have been downloading mods for oblivion for a year, and I only heard about this mod yesterday.

Even if you are not allowed to put the mods on the bethesda forums, I will see to it that your mod is at least promoted on youtube. Apparently with Skryrim around the corner, there is a renewed interest in oblivion, so there you will get at least a dozen more helpers.

Just a suggestion....
07-27-2011, 01:37 PM,
Hope you're not referring to OUR Elsweyr mod there Wink

We know ours doesn't look professional yet of course: but we haven't released it!

I do know at least part of the answer to the early release issue: protection of resources. Ibsen got sick of people pilfering. I don't think it's too long to wait for the beta now.
Morcroft Darkes
07-27-2011, 09:36 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by 1234yersiman
It looks brilliant. It in fact makes the Elswyer mod look much less professional.

I have a suggestion here. Even if this mod is not finished, why not release the mod anyways on tesnexus or somewhere else? This will attract modders and interest into this project. To be frank, I have been downloading mods for oblivion for a year, and I only heard about this mod yesterday.

Even if you are not allowed to put the mods on the bethesda forums, I will see to it that your mod is at least promoted on youtube. Apparently with Skryrim around the corner, there is a renewed interest in oblivion, so there you will get at least a dozen more helpers.

Just a suggestion....

Thank you for your interest in our mod.

We do tend to keep a low profile, but I guess that means we substitute promotion with making progress. That's how I like to think of it.

Morcroft is right about why we keep tight reigns on the mods files. The Beta is scheduled for before Skyrim comes out.

I know keeping tight reign on the resources we use/make has its pros and cons. We could technically upload the BSA for public player download, for them to do some ingame sightseeing, but this has trade-offs of its own.

I appreciate your offer to promote us on Youtube. I know Ibsen has been trying to find someone with good hardware and video editing skills, to make us a quality & more up-to-date trailer:

The Trailer

Koniption

EDIT: Ibsen is on break right now, so he won't be around for a few more days, at the least. I'd wait for him to come back to active work on this mod, and then PM him about Youtube promotion, if you want.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-30-2011, 01:31 PM,

Hi 1234yersiman,

I really appreciated your comments and suggestions. Feel free to PM me about this. I'll send you a quick PM reminder about this thread now.