Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Plan for Elsweyr, Prior to TES V's Release
12-19-2010, 10:18 PM,
Release Plan for Elsweyr, Prior to TES V's Release
Here are the Release Dates for the mod:

1) Internal Alpha - January 8th (The Region Gen will have been completed, and modders will start working on Exteriors.)

2) Public Beta - March 8th (This Release will have all the major cities Complete, the introductory Chapter of the Mainquest, and as many other exteriors finished as is possible).

3) Subsequent Releases will be made every week-or-so after this, featuring more Npcs, Quests and interiors (these updates will be posted directly to TESNexus), until we are happy on calling the mod complete.

Cheers,
TOYB

(This thread may see revision).
12-20-2010, 06:15 PM,

Alrighty, its set in stone now.

I plan to have the Senchal basic wall set done by christmas, the orcrest/dune set in another week or so.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
06-18-2011, 04:41 PM,

Hello. Just browsing the Forum. Interesting project.

So did you release in March? Will you release before Skyrim?

Anyway, good luck with this nice looking project.
06-18-2011, 06:18 PM,

Hi jb3 - glad you dropped by!

OK: the March release date was just a tad overoptimistic! We are making progress, but we're still in closed modding alpha. If you've poked around in here you'll see we did complete the region generation: the worldspace is really distinctive and quite complete - you can wander around the whole of the country and admire the scenery. There's a few random creature and nomadic Khajiit spawns in the northern part of the country too.

We really want to get a playable version out before Skyrim - but we're probably going to need more modders to make it happen: at the moment there's only TOYB, AIP and myself really active on the modding side. I'm mostly modelling, not least because resources made now should (hopefully) be portable to Skyrim.

If you fancy a change of scenery you'd be very welcome to join in!
Morcroft Darkes
06-18-2011, 06:49 PM,

It's interesting that there seems to be more modellers than modders. I'd say modelling is more difficult.

Hmm... I like your project and surely I'd like to help, but... hm, I started helping in BM and in ST, it's already a lot to do. I'm not sure if I can add more to my "Oblivion plate". And I don't want to take a claim and then leave it behind. I've been there, done that and I don't want to disappoint people, especially people who are friends.

Well, what kind of modding you have in mind? Usually these are Interiors, which people don't want to mod. Big Grin Landscapes and settlements seem to be more "trendy". Smile

I don't know, I don't want to promise anything. If you feel like telling me more about Elsweyr, either by posting in the Forums or via PM (if you don't want to spam the Forums), I'd surely like to learn more about it.

Good luck with Elsweyr, it looks really good. Go Khajiits!
06-18-2011, 09:11 PM,

Horses for courses! I turn my hand to whatever's needed and at the moment the priority is architecture - I'm building Corinth just now. That said, I don't regard myself as very good at the actual "modding" part - laying out & cluttering interiors, that sort of thing.

We're still a bit short of interiors - although you've used my Temple Annex models which I let BM use for the BlackRose / Lilmoth area. They are the 1st era buildings of Elsweyr (there was a Khajiit presence in Black Marsh too, back then - at least that's the rationale). These will be used for occasional old settlements either still in use or gone wild and occupied by wildlife or "monsters". TOYB's made some "saloons" which are to be used for northern settlements along with the standard lower class wooden buildings. Several settlements in the north will use these.

You can pretty much take your pick - we've got a fair amount of stuff to look at in the forum. Claims are in
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=479

Just let me know if you want to make a claim - even tentatively: I appreciate your caution but I'd be OK with booking something out on a couple of weeks' "take it or leave it" basis.
Morcroft Darkes
06-18-2011, 09:46 PM,

OK, let me just first simply walk around and get to know Elsweyr a bit better.

I saw you even have city claims and quest claims, which is interesting.

Let me see how I can help. As I said, with BM and ST ongoing, I need to be careful what I claim. I really hate to leave claims behind, that's not fair and that doesn't make a good impression. And you knwo the drill... after all, these is a lot lot of work, manual work, tedious work. Even a small interior takes a good couple of hours, if not one day minimum.

Perhaps I can start with something small and we will see how it goes?