Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialogue for the Morag Tong
12-21-2010, 04:23 AM,
Dialogue for the Morag Tong
Hi guys, I'm having a spell of trouble getting some dialogue in line. It seems that on a few of my NPCs, the greetings from StGenericSubDunmer are overriding the greetings that I made for the NPCs.

This means that some of my topics do not get added to the NPC's dialogue, with the result that it is, in fact, very hard to actually start the first Morag Tong Quest.

Any ideas as to what could be happening here? The Dialogue quests for my NPCs are set to priority 6, whereas the generic dialogue is priority 5, and they all have "start game enabled" checked.

But since I'm very very rusty at this, I figured I'd ask if anyone knows an easy answer.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
12-21-2010, 04:27 AM,
RE: Dialogue
EDIT: Nvm,

I was wrong.

Sorry I can't help you.
12-21-2010, 05:00 AM,

Well, I caught one problem, which was that the condition for the dialogue quest StSeMT0112Velthas was GetIsPlayableRace == 0. Yeah, turns out Dunmer is a playable race...

Hopefully that was it, I'm about to test it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
12-21-2010, 05:04 AM,

:lol: I sometimes forget to add that == 1 at the end of the condition listing aswell.

Well let's hope it works.
12-22-2010, 06:15 AM,

Nope, that was indeed one problem, but it was not the problem. All my NPCs randomly select a greeting, and when they happen to hit one that is from their actual dialogue quest, everything works. When they use a generic greeting, you obviously get none of the topics or anything. There are a lot more generic greetings, so only once in a while can you get anything useful out of them.

I'm considering just removing them from the generic dialogue faction, would that be OK?

[edit] Nope, that doesn't work. Then generic Oblivion dialogue over-rides my topics. Damnit.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
12-22-2010, 03:04 PM,

Could you post the name of your Quest?

I'll check it.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-23-2010, 07:16 PM,

These are the individual dialogue quests for all the NPCs at the guildhall. There are 6 quests, each one starts "StSeSol0112MT" with the NPC's name at the end of it.

Thanks for looking at it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
12-23-2010, 07:50 PM,

Thanks, I'll reply asap.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-27-2010, 09:09 AM,

You used random flags for almost every GREETING so the chance that you'll see it displayed is very low. The game is more likely to pick a topic from INFOGENERAL etc.

I suggest to change the various flags (no random), forcing the GREETING topics to be displayed.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-31-2010, 03:02 AM,

Ahh, ok that makes sense.

I believe I did that because I didn't want the same greeting to appear each time you talked to someone, and "random" seemed the logical way to do that. Obviously it seems that it only worked out that way because the general dialogue probably hadn't been created yet when I tested this.

Is there any way to get a randomized greeting from the specific dialogue quest? Just to break up the monotony, each character has a few greetings, and I am under the impression that if I remove the random flags, the game will just pick the first greeting that works.

If there isn't an easy way to do this that isn't a problem.

This should resolve all problems that people have been having with starting the first ST quest, since those problems were caused entirely because the greeting was missing.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala