Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialogue for the Morag Tong
12-31-2010, 12:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh, ok that makes sense.

I believe I did that because I didn't want the same greeting to appear each time you talked to someone, and "random" seemed the logical way to do that. Obviously it seems that it only worked out that way because the general dialogue probably hadn't been created yet when I tested this.
Even without our own generic dialogue, the vanilla generic dialogue would overrule your GREETING topics.

Is there any way to get a randomized greeting from the specific dialogue quest? Just to break up the monotony, each character has a few greetings, and I am under the impression that if I remove the random flags, the game will just pick the first greeting that works.
You could use 'GetRandomPercent' as a condition. Keep in mind the the GREETING infos are processed from the top to the bottom. So a lower percentage at the top and a higher percentage for the lower infos. However it requires extensive testing to get the desired result.

I hope that solves your problem. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-02-2011, 10:31 PM,

Yes, it solves the problem, though I am sad to say goodbye to semi-randomized dialogue topics.

I have noticed that the crime dialogue uses random flags, so that each set of conditions has two possible greetings. Is this possible because the Crime dialogue quest is set to 90 priority, so it will nearly always override generic dialogue? Or is it a script. I ask because I was trying to do the same thing as the crime dialogue. I wanted to have one or two different greetings for each set of conditions, so that my NPCs would not just say the same thing every time.

I am going to go back and re-test all of the dialogue on all my NPCs, since I'm pretty sure I did the same thing with each and every one of them. It should just necessitate removing random flags and re-ordering the dialogue.

[edit]
The most important thing is that it is now possible to start the first Morag Tong quest without going into the console and monkeying with setstage.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
01-03-2011, 05:09 PM,

I have noticed that the crime dialogue uses random flags, so that each set of conditions has two possible greetings. Is this possible because the Crime dialogue quest is set to 90 priority, so it will nearly always override generic dialogue? Or is it a script. I ask because I was trying to do the same thing as the crime dialogue. I wanted to have one or two different greetings for each set of conditions, so that my NPCs would not just say the same thing every time.
For example the Greetings are controlled by their conditions (like 'IsGuard').

If the condition isn't true the normal Generic dialogue kicks in.
Priority plays a role.

If you specify which infos you're referring to, it's possible to explain how it works.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD