Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Construction Set Extender and Bugfixes
01-01-2011, 10:46 PM,
Oblivion Construction Set Extender and Bugfixes
Holy Crapamanjaro!

There has been a third party update to the CS!

Using OBSE someone has managed to create a updated version of the CS with new features and bugfixes... :pop:

I wonder if this will be widely used throughout the community.

New script editor:
[Image: 36370-1-1293888005.png]

It has a new script editor that allows the modder to retrieve the effect of the script in the CS.

Most importantly it fixes tonnes of bugs which should make modding alot easier!

I luvs this guy,

Edit: Download Link
01-01-2011, 11:38 PM,

WHOA!!!!

This is going to be huge.....real huge....too huge....we'll need a cage.

Now *this* is something that I'll recommend to Ibsen.

A side question: Do you know if this new update to the CS, fix various crashes the CS suffers from? Because if so, then that alone, makes it worth getting. I can see many a modder's work being saved from going down the toilet in the middle of a CS session, because crashes like those are prevented....

Thanks for the alert, AnImpatientFan.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM,

Quote:crashes the CS suffers from? Because if so, then that alone, makes it worth getting. I can see many a modder's work being saved from going down the toilet in the middle of a CS session, because crashes like those are prevented....

I hope so.
i am going to trial it once I get OBSE v20 (Required) working in the CS.
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM,

Interesting! Big Grin I wonder what kind of features have been implemented, a shame they didn't include a list.

Would also be interesting to know if any mods created with this will also require OBSE...
01-02-2011, 12:23 AM,

DL it, seriously Big Grin, Fixes some CS bugs as well as getting rid of all the complaints it makes, plus a ton of other stuff.

The DL comes with a manual that explains all the changes that have been made to the CS.

Quote:Would also be interesting to know if any mods created with this will also require OBSE...

They will only require OBSE if OBSE functions are used. Still the same as running the CS through the OBSE loader.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-02-2011, 01:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
The DL comes with a manual that explains all the changes that have been made to the CS.
Cool, I took a look. I'm actually really interested in the non-pink water. Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Quote:Would also be interesting to know if any mods created with this will also require OBSE...

They will only require OBSE if OBSE functions are used. Still the same as running the CS through the OBSE loader.
Good to know. Smile
01-02-2011, 01:42 AM,

It could be beneficial in some areas, but... we don't know much about the stabability and issues with it yet.

@IS

Can we make .lip files using SE now?
01-02-2011, 04:05 AM,

wait, so if we use this, then the mod will only be playable if you have SE installed?
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
01-02-2011, 04:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Nero
wait, so if we use this, then the mod will only be playable if you have SE installed?

No,

One of the issues with the 1.2 (SE) version of the CS was that we couldn't generate .lip files without getting a CTD.
That meant that if we were going to make s plugin dependent on SE we couldn't use .lip files without using the 1.0 CS.
01-02-2011, 05:41 AM,

oh okay so thius is basically a way better version of everything, without haveing to have everything
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers