PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
07-31-2011, 01:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by t3h_pwn3r_ii
Hi all;

Simple question,
Get it, or not?

PWN

It's up to the individual whether they want to get the CSE. I have not downloaded it yet, but then again, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment for not doing so.

The CSE has its pros (mostly), and some cons (lesser).

You might know from past experience using the regular CS, that it can crash for stupid & unnecessary reasons, right?

Well, the CSE fixes and prevents those stupid crashes. It also adds lots of new features to the CS. It also has gotten rid of those pop-up "error messages", and instead puts them in a background text window that keeps track of error messages/etc. That way, you still get a log of the error messages, but you don't have to click through them to continue your CS work.

But with new features added to the CSE, comes the occassional bug or glitch that is found out about those new features, and that "shade me" has to fix for a later version. (but the orginal CS was buggy anyway, so who's counting?)

The CSE requires OBSE v20. You also need to carefully read the CSE's readme manual, to understand the changes and how to use the new features.

Here's the latest linky, btw:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/to...-extender/

If nothing else, you can download it, and read the included documents that come with it, without having to install it first.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-19-2011, 08:09 PM,

Our entire development team is using it. Even if your mod doesn't require OBSE, I strongly recommend you use the CSE.

We are using it to develop the Dark Brotherhood Chronicles because it allows team members to create patches on the main plugin without having to make the main plugin a true master. This has really cut down on the complexity of creating patches and getting the patches merged into the main plugin.

Even for individual users, the bugs fixed by the CSE far outweigh any issues it might have.

We're currently testing a beta of the new version, so a new release is on the way. Big Grin
[align=center]My Mods