Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESV banner [Request]
01-08-2011, 11:00 AM,
TESV banner [Request]
Since TESV will be released on 11/11/2011 we need a new Silgrad Tower board banner.

The banner has to be formatted as a jpg (around 900*130 in size).
For reference purposes I attached the current banner.

Quote:A suggestion from jucklesjenk
A dark greyish background with snow. A sort of mountainous looking bit on say the left, and on the right, have something like the runes and dragon eye from the trailer.

TIA. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-08-2011, 12:56 PM,

RE: JK's suggestion:

I just was wondering if it's a good idea to have a Skyrim themed banner for a mod that's entirely set in Morrowind?

I would suggest an erupting volcano or ash clouds to represent the recent geological changes in Morrowind.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM,

It's an interesting thought.

My view is that, whilst we are still modding the same place, our tools will be different and the location from which the modded area will be introduced will be different so we should use the banner to represent that change.

Although Todd Howard recently said that the game will still be set in Cyrodiil anyway, despite being called Skyrim:
Quote:"As Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion took place in Cyrodiil and not the actual realm of Oblivion, Skyrim shall take place in Cyrodiil again"
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM,

I agree with Deeza's point.

Is there snow in Morrowind? I like the colder theme but I think the climate and landscape should be ours.

Charles
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM,

I presume that there would be snow in the Velothi Mountains, for example. There's also snow in Solstheim, if you count that as part of Morrowind.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-08-2011, 05:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
I presume that there would be snow in the Velothi Mountains, for example. There's also snow in Solstheim, if you count that as part of Morrowind.

Good enough Smile

Charles
01-08-2011, 05:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I agree with Deeza's point.

Is there snow in Morrowind? I like the colder theme but I think the climate and landscape should be ours.

Charles

Snow is available in Morrowind like any of the other weather conditions the chances are appropriete for the area

However the default setting for weather conditions Snow was set to Zero percent.

Of course this applied to Vvardenfell only, it would be a logicial conclusion that this was due to the Volcanic Ash and storms which loomed over the Island

Since Silgrad is in close proximity to Skyrim I would think the chances of snow are increased slightly especially near and above Soluthis and around the mountain ranges

in Morrowind Version we have snow north of Soluthis near the Boarder with Skyrim

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM,

Hi Guys, i'm new here...
I think that a new banner can only be good, it can only reflect "new changes" witch we (modders) are pretty good at !
And having a new banner for the site would refflect that we can keep up with the changes... No ?

Reaper

edit:
Does anyone know what is the font used in the Silgrad Banner ?
[Image: ChickAvatar.jpg]
[url="http://www.tesnexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=853158"][color="#FF00FF"][size="18"]MY TES4 MODS[/size][/color][/url]
02-15-2011, 08:41 PM,

Hey guys, i was palying around in Gimp and came out with this...
[Image: ReapersSilgradTowerbanner.jpg]
Let me know what you guys think !

Reaper
[Image: ChickAvatar.jpg]
[url="http://www.tesnexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=853158"][color="#FF00FF"][size="18"]MY TES4 MODS[/size][/color][/url]
02-16-2011, 09:08 AM,

I'll send you a PM asap. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD