Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Velothi Exterior Tileset
01-08-2011, 06:48 PM,
A Velothi Exterior Tileset
I was thinking recently about those Velothi towers that could be found throughout Morrowind and how nice it would be to see more of those in ST, and then I thought about how cool it would be if there was more structure underneath the typical Velothi Tower.

Well, during my usual exam-procrastination Tongue, I decided to play around with Blender for a bit and the result I ended up kind of liking. Smile I was able to create a tileset that could be used to build a base around any tower, and that could also "stack" to create more-complex building layouts. It doesn't need to have a tower even - you can create any kind of building, whether it be a house, temple, or a dungeon.

This tileset didn't exist in TES3, so I used my own discretion in coming up with the general design and also the pieces that would be available in the CS - it should be flexible enough to create almost any building layout. =)

[Image: VelothiFortress.jpg]

I'll create an ESP later to import this into the CS, and then if anyone wants to use it they can.
01-08-2011, 06:50 PM,

Wow! :pop: That looks really good TID! Smile

Perhaps we could use that to make Dunmer strongholds as well.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Perhaps we could use that to make Dunmer strongholds as well.
I don't see any reason why we couldn't. Smile
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM,

Those look really terrific Smile

Charles
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM,

Looks great TID :goodjob:
What's the use of a good quote if you can't change it?
01-09-2011, 02:23 AM,

Though I lack general artistic knowledge of Morrowind's various styles, I must say that your tile set turned out quite nice, visually appealing, and functional!

Great job,
Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-09-2011, 08:31 AM,

Very nice! :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-10-2011, 06:52 AM,

That looks fantastic, and very useful too. I wouldn't worry about it being a little different to the Morrowind ones. This is the mainland after all, you'd expect some architectural variation.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-14-2011, 05:36 AM,

Thanks all. Smile

Hm, a thought occurred to me. What if a tileset similar to this was made, except for exterior landscaping... like cliffs, or static tree/forest backgrounds?

Earlier on, an idea was proposed to close off areas of our landscape that we do not have the time/manpower to customize. We might be able to do this with a tileset like the one I'm proposing, while still maintaining a realistic appearance (say... without having obviously artificial and abrupt increases in landscape height). Any thoughts? =)

I probably wouldn't have time to do this for at least several weeks due to school, and also the fact that I want to help finish Soluthis and Silgrad City, but I think it's something I could look forward to working on. Smile
01-14-2011, 01:38 PM,

That sounds like a great idea TID. But how would those tiles effect the FPS?

Charles