Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Velothi Exterior Tileset
01-14-2011, 09:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
That sounds like a great idea TID. But how would those tiles effect the FPS?
I guess that depends. Normally meshes would not affect the FPS in any noticeable way. However, when you get into high face counts, parralax mapping, or complex collision shapes, I would say that's when the FPS is most affected. The last in that list should not be a problem for meshes like these.

However, I would need to either use parralax mapping or a higher face count (or a combination) in order to achieve a realistic rocky-surface appearance. If I'm careful though, these should not be done to an extent that would cause a noticeable FPS drop.
01-18-2011, 01:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Thanks all. Smile

Hm, a thought occurred to me. What if a tileset similar to this was made, except for exterior landscaping... like cliffs, or static tree/forest backgrounds?

Earlier on, an idea was proposed to close off areas of our landscape that we do not have the time/manpower to customize. We might be able to do this with a tileset like the one I'm proposing, while still maintaining a realistic appearance (say... without having obviously artificial and abrupt increases in landscape height). Any thoughts? =)

I probably wouldn't have time to do this for at least several weeks due to school, and also the fact that I want to help finish Soluthis and Silgrad City, but I think it's something I could look forward to working on. Smile
Sounds good. Smile

If it's used in child WS' it should be fine FPS wise.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM,

I'm sorry for reviving what should be a dead thread, but did I ever submit this? I remember things got really busy in RL shortly after posting this, that's why I'm not 100% sure. Smile