Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region generation newsflash
01-16-2011, 01:21 AM,
Region generation newsflash
It's been an awful long time coming - and about a week later than planned - but Elsweyr region generation has just finished. That's 16384 cells including distant land and about 2000 cells of playable area.

I'll get it packaged up for distribution asap - that'll be to core members first for sanity checking then I'll put up a sign-in thread for anyone who wants to participate. This will be a closed development release - so modders only.
Morcroft Darkes
01-16-2011, 10:13 AM,

Awesome news morcroft! Very well done.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-17-2011, 12:15 AM,

Awesome, awesome, been waiting eagerly for this. :bananarock:
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM,

EXCELLENT! The best height map to come out of the BC is finished! :goodjob:
01-17-2011, 10:34 PM,

:mchm:

Don't hold your breath guys. I'm having a total nightmare with the thing: I tried generating the LOD yesterday evening and the CS started crashing repeatedly. Then I found there were certain cells that just won't load into the render window. There seems to be some sort of corruption in one of the sections I ran late last week. Fortunately I've been keeping all the intermediate runs so I've had to roll back to an older version.

I'll keep you all posted.

:bash:
Morcroft Darkes
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM,

:bananarock:

Found it. For some reason a couple of tree fern nif files (not TOYB's) were causing the instabilty - not crashing outright, of course: oh no, that would be far too easy to find. I've temporarily replaced them with additional copies of TOYB's Pongas while I look into the problem.

Anyway - back on track, I hope. LOD's generated and looks rather pretty if I do say so myself.

PMs will go out to core members real soon once I've finished packaging and uploading.

Update:
Modding esm prepared and released to the Core for sanity checking. Assuming I haven't made any enormous gaffes we should be good to go in a few days.
Morcroft Darkes
01-19-2011, 09:21 AM,
RE: Region generation newsflash
Sounds amazing! :banana:
01-19-2011, 10:26 AM,
Beautiful Work Morcroft! :yes:

Just a minor issue. Whenever I save in the "Elsweyr" worldspace I get a CTD along with a corruption of the save,
Do you think it could have something to do with my load order?
01-19-2011, 10:54 AM,
Oooh - that is not a "minor" issue! Hadn't tried saving yet. I'll investigate.

Update:
I've saved successfully using pre-existing savegames. I do have very little in my load order at the moment but I can't imagine there's a conflict.

If you've installed elsweyr.esm at the top of the load order (required to get the LOD working) could something else be complaining at being bumped out of loadindex 1?

Can you save if you're not in the Elsweyr worldspace? If you do that and reload that sacegame will that then allow you to save in Elsweyr?

Has anyone else got any straws I can clutch at?
Morcroft Darkes
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM,

Try running it with just the Elsweyr.esm and the Oblivion.esm loaded, I've managed to save in the world space without any problems at all.