Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region generation newsflash
01-20-2011, 07:58 AM,
RE: Region generation newsflash
Seeems to be working fine now. Thanks alot! Smile

I took some shots of the province from above.

[Image: oblivion201101201820061.png]

North Elsweyr.

[Image: oblivion201101201820240.png]

South Elsweyr on the left and Valenwood on the right.
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM,

Good grief that looks fantastic! I wish we'd had you guys around when we were doing Black Marsh...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-20-2011, 10:02 AM,

Wow! I never thought to do that! :goodjob:

Looks like I was a bit heavy-handed on shading a few rocks in the badlands but otherwise I'm quite happy with that.

Those shots show up a few features TOYB and I spent a fair amount of MSN time thrashing over:

The shaded cities and roads were imported directly from TOYB's province map, so the world and the map are identical. The cities will need to stay where they are: the roads should probably be adjusted slightly to fit the land contours in a few places - I don't think anyone will notice a few minor discrepencies.

To the northeast of the province you can see the Rim Gullies - a rough badlands region we had to include when TOYB spotted a reference to it in The Infernal City. Turned out pretty well. I think landscaping the transition between the gullies, the Rim Highlands and the Niben Valley is going to be a challenge.

To the west are the two Xylo rivers. The Lower Xylo is pretty uncontroversial. The Upper Xylo outflow was hard to place from the literature, notably A Walk in Fire, but given that Elsweyr is supposed to have occupied the west bank we didn't want it too far west, so you can see the Xylo Gorge running up directly to the west of Dune (set into the hillside to the Northwest). Both Xylos are sourced in a highland ridge which isn't quite visible from the pics. The upper Xylo has an extended catchment with a number of tributaries in upland Valenwood (out of shot).

The border of Elsweyr as shown in the map is slightly east of most of the Upper Xylo, but I've fully region-genned well into Valenwood in that area so we can make the playable boundary well inside occupied territory, satisfying that point of lore.

Southern Elsweyr is all Tenmar, of course, so there's not too much to see from the air, although I think the rainforest effect looks pretty good: I'm chuffed.
Morcroft Darkes
01-21-2011, 01:39 AM,

Looking over the map and exploring a bit was really awesome. great job morcroft! I spotted a few intersecting trees, and some others that weren't sunk into the ground far enough. but other than minor issues i found several spots that would make great campsites, bandit hidehouts, and hermit shacks and the like. it looks freakin amazing, and i can't wait to get Senchal underway
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?