Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
01-24-2011, 01:32 AM,
Help
i need help!
when i went to go play oblivion to look at my cliam in-game! BEFORE THE bETHESDA LOGO COMES up, IT SAYS IT CANNOT FIND THE oBLIVION.ESM.!!!!!!!

aRGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT A FEW HUGE MODS AND I WANT TO PLAY THEM!!!!!!!!!! sTUPID 64-BITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aND IT IS CHECKED IN DATA FILES! iT IS IN MY dATA fOLDER!

[mod=TheImperialDragon]See sandor's post below[/mod]

!wHAT THE FUCK!

i HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH OB MR DAGGERFALL AND ARENA ON THIS PC, NOT TO MENTION THE SHIT ARSE PROBLEMS I HAD WITH MY fRIGGEN CS!!!!!!!!!!!

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO THEN TELL ME BEFORE I TRADE THIS FUCKER IN FOR AN ALIENWARE!

aND IT IS CHECKED IN DATA FILES! iT IS IN MY dATA fOLDER!
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
01-24-2011, 02:41 AM,
RE: I am F*%$ed
I found this info on the matter:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/924363-th...n/48374862

KP

EDIT: If you launch Oblivion using the "OblivionLauncher.exe" go to "Data Files" on the pop-up window, and make sure Oblivion.esm has a checked box next to it. If it is not checked, then check the box.

If you use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM), make sure the Oblivion.esm has the box next to it, checked, as well.

Lastly, make sure Blackmarsh.esm loads AFTER/BELOW the Oblivion.esm, in OBMM. The Blackmarsh.esm should be visibly below Oblivion.esm, in the right hand column that lists the esms/esps you have in your "Data" folder.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-24-2011, 07:56 AM,
that didnt help, it is checked and it is infront of BM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM,
@Nero
Please don't use swearing language as pointed out by jucklesjenk -=here=-.

You used it in other posts as well.

I am not going to ask you again. :check:

TIA.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-24-2011, 11:39 PM,

Yes, please do as sandor advises.
----------------------------------------

Back to your issue -

I found another thread with more in-depth info on the issue:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...356AAyOMT9

You might have a virus messing with the files, or maybe are using type of Windows software where you need to run the game as an "Administrator"...

Also, to test your claim, you'll need four files with check-marked boxes in OBMM:

http://img94.imageshack.us/i/obmmpic.jpg/

These "checked" files also need to be in the top-to-down order as seen in the picture.

Koniption

PS - And don't panic or get too overly frustrated. I (and others, I'm sure) will try to help you figure out what is wrong.

I also recommend posting your issue here, to get more help:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/fo...-oblivion/

...but do not use swear or cuss words at above help forum - they don't like that.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM,

sorry, i am so sick of having problems!!

I will stop swearing i jnust want to kill the thing!

i will check the pages out when my internet reloads. I am forced to use ther phone for this as internet is having problems.

Cheers
Thanks for helping me and we'll see what hbappens

NR
01-26-2011, 04:11 AM,

Insert the disc then run setup.exe, this will run the uninstall shield wizard, then reinstall, this will re-add your esm and not the plagued one. Make sure you back up your entire Bethesda folder before doing this.

[..]

Your Welcome,

DD[mod=sandor]Check Koniption's post below.[/mod]
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM,

Dr Death Defing,

You aren't allowed to mention ways of using or getting around "cracks" for Oblivion. We don't want to promote such ideas, and letting such notions on this forum persist, can possibly get us in trouble.

Please edit your post, above, to delete the last sentence of your post that mentions such things. Else, sandor will come along and edit the post for you.

(I would have edited your post myself, but it wouldn't let me)

Koniption
01-26-2011, 04:04 PM,

@Koniption
Thanks for the heads up and your PM. :goodjob:

Editing posts is only possible for the board moderator or global moderators (ST Core members).

@Dr.DeathDefing
We don't support nor allow illegal actions. :check:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-27-2011, 01:44 AM,

I am really sorry! I feel like such an idiot! *Facepalm*!
Really sorry, I had no clue and I know it is ilegal.

[..]

Really sorry! Forgive me Nine Divines! (sandor, KP, DEEZA, IG and the other core!!

[mod=sandor]Check my post above. Further do not remove this tag as per my PM (fixed).[/mod]
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!