Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation Kit Wish List
01-27-2011, 12:34 PM,
Creation Kit Wish List
What do you want in or improved in the cretion kit for TES:V?

I want a bigger area to look at when in world spaces. It is really annoying when your creating an island and it's big and when your placing things, you can't see the position of the other things sometimes!!! Really ticks me off. And when you either double click or click an object of space, you are teleported to another refrence.
Not to mention the random crashes. I now save evrytime I touch an object.

That is my wish list, I want to know yours.

P.S I will still love Beth if these things or your things arn't changed as they are IMO the best devs and pubs and brought us so many cool games.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-27-2011, 12:55 PM,
RE: Creation Kit Wish List
Quote:Originally posted by Dr.DeathDefing
I want a bigger area to look at when in world spaces. It is really annoying when your creating an island and it's big and when your placing things, you can't see the position of the other things sometimes!!!
You can actually go into your ConstructionSet.ini and change a value called uGridsToLoad... change the 5 to 7, or a larger odd integer if you want to see farther. Smile Just be careful not to set it too high or you might cause problems on your computer - I've heard of people damaging their video card by putting too much stress on it.
01-27-2011, 02:00 PM,
RE: Creation Kit Wish List
Thank you TID but to add to my wish list, make that a preference
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-27-2011, 08:03 PM,

Hmm. That's interesting to hear, TID. Is there a reference guide somewhere to how high you could safely set it for a given hardware piece?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM,

@TID: I find that a bit hard to believe, TBH. Of course I can easily believe someone overclocked their card so it runs fast enough and then wondered why it fried...!
Morcroft Darkes
01-28-2011, 12:22 AM,

@TID If that is true, then tell me where to locate the ini?

Edit-Found it.
01-28-2011, 01:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
@TID: I find that a bit hard to believe, TBH. Of course I can easily believe someone overclocked their card so it runs fast enough and then wondered why it fried...!
Someone on our forums a long while back managed to do it, and I agree that it's likely they overclocked their video card. :Shrug: However, it also doesn't hurt to be careful. I think in that particular case they must have set it to something a bit ridiculous (overkill), like 100+... and let's be honest, you probably won't ever need to see that far. Tongue

I've gone around 17 for the purposes of landscape editing, and that worked well. But if you have objects placed, it's probably going to be more than a bit laggy.
01-28-2011, 01:49 PM,

I use a setting of 11 without a problem, obviously the loading takes more time.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-28-2011, 03:14 PM,

I changed it to 12 and it's good
But I have a 800mb video card, can I handle 17 or even 20
01-29-2011, 11:34 AM,

Hmm. I must try this.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!