Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the misuses of Bhuru Magic
01-29-2011, 04:16 PM,
On the misuses of Bhuru Magic
This could prove to be a very worthwhile addition to the literature. DD inspired me to create this thread due to his quest idea in this thread: [Misk] (Darkmoor) Just cause' I'm naked! . I will update this piece of writing over time, I think, as the ideas come together a little more and if I have time away from modding work.

Anyway, this book will concern the many misuses and misconceptions about Bhuru magic and should prove useful for the vanilla Mage's Guild of BM who are little more than a school of learning and should therefore benefit from such a book.

BHURU WITCHCRAFT

Though not entirely regarded as Bhuru magic, Bhuru witchcraft nevertheless benefits substantially from alchemical compounds derived from an association with Hist sap. Many of the potions and tinctures involved draw on these properties whilst some elements of Argonian and Paatru chanting are involved in the enchantments. Whereas normal witchcraft may base itself on occultist systems and spiritual forces, Bhuru witchcraft differs in form and is furthermore subject to change over time. This is due to its connection with the existing flora and other materials of the swamps and, by extension, the Hist.

It can therefore be stated that one can never truly master Bhuru witchcraft. This often leads to the mistaken assumption that it is the inferior cousin to its practice elsewhere in Tamriel yet it is noted by many scholars of the dark arts that the more powerful witches owe their greatest powers to studies conducted in the marshlands. Consequently, Bhuru witchcraft is seen to complement its cousin rather than stand alone by itself.

This does not mean that Bhuru witches do not exist, as several reports have emerged of, at times, quite intricate networks and covens operating at any one time. Nevertheless, most natives loathe the misuse of Bhuru as it represents sacrilege and, with respect to some spells, is seen as draining the potency of their own relationship with the Hist. This has led to prejudice against such witches. It is widely reported that this form of magic-user suffers inordinate levels of persecution. This can be expected considering the fact that the attitude towards the misuse of Hist magic is one of those rare areas that both the Argonians and any foreign races agree upon. However, it is thought that these reports are likely to be subject to propaganda by ruling or governing bodies keen to boast of their power and influence.

What follows is a collection of spells and enchantments known to have developed through the use of Bhuru witchcraft practice:
  • The Love Worm - Witches are traditionally known to represent some of the blacker and more extreme expressions of female power and control. This is never more so the case than in matters of the heart. It is, then, no surprise that one of the more long-standing witch's spells, with firm roots in Bhuru marsh magic, concerns this subject.

The spell is cast when a witch has found, and lost, what appears to her to be true love. This can therefore be one of the first spells cast by a witch considering how some witches become who they are due to misfortunes in love. It is normally cast upon the unfaithful subject of their love or desire but can also be adapted to affect the 'other woman'.

The spell itself has been adapted many times over but is particularly distinctive in its Argonian form as it takes the form of a worm that lives within the digestive tract, somewhat akin to the conventional tapeworm and with many of the same symptoms. The worm itself is believed to be related, at least in its larval state, to the renowned rootworms of the marshes and thereby shares a symbiotic relationship with the host that would severely weaken and even kill the host if removed.

However, the love worm is unique as, once ingested, it appears to split the mind's focus into a duality. In real terms, this makes the subject perceive two different realities at the same time. These realities force the subject to cherish everything about either woman involved and yet, due to their love, are unable to confront either one. This leaves them in a permanent state of confusion.

Additionally, if the subject is young, they often remain in a state of permanent lust, unable to masturbate for thoughts of shame and betrayal and yet craving the bodies of two women at the same time. The heat of this lust may cause the wearing of heavy clothing to be awkward. This is believed to the source of the myth of the 'naked Nord' that remains a myth only outside of Argonia.

There are, potentially, other courses of action that the witch can take though this spell is regarded as the most powerful and is much favoured by the more resentful and bitter characters. Charms can also be employed by witches. Therefore, the spell tends only to be cast once the witch has determined that the subject can never again be won round to her by other charms.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-29-2011, 04:53 PM,

Awesome!
Would it be possible to add scripts to hist sap so that mixing it with certain ingredients yield single use spells (like a scroll) instead of a potion, just an Idea?
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM,

Yes, that's a nice idea. Adding flora properties is something that has been on my 'to do' list for a long time so we should be able to work things like that in there once this is done. It doesn't take much to do in terms of modding. It's more a case of planning to make sure that the correct balance of ingredients are there.

Btw, for some reason, your post didn't register as being new when I logged in. This sometimes (but fairly rarely) happens for reasons unknown. Just let me know by PM if I haven't responded after quite a while.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]