Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just outrageous!!!!
01-30-2011, 11:13 AM,
Just outrageous!!!!
Hello all;
Recently I have been looking at 3D modelling programs as NifSkope and Blender just confuse me to much. And I had a look at 3DS or something. Get this, 3,500 dollars! And that was on speacial. i think it outragous to price it like that. Now i know it is for probably more for devs but still! It just sucks!
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-30-2011, 11:16 AM,
RE: Just outrageous!!!!
I've an idea there's an educational / student edition which comes in at a sane price - but I just use Blender.
Morcroft Darkes
01-30-2011, 11:19 AM,

Nifskope isn't really a modelling program.

Like Morcroft said Blender is free (and powerful) and there's also that other free program, Gmax iirc?

I use Blender too.
01-30-2011, 11:36 AM,

Well, as I said, I suck at those, i can't even create or alter an object. Blender Noob to Pro was uesless. Took me a week of reading and I got nothing. So I guess i could ask KP. Yes, i might do that.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-30-2011, 12:40 PM,

http://students.autodesk.com/

Free 3dsmax version here, completely legit 3-year licence. The catch is you have to be in full-time education (which I gather that you are, so that wouldn't be a problem?) There is an online course you can complete once you download it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dr.DeathDefing...Blender Noob to Pro was uesless. ...

I disagree. But I'll recommend you Mr. Siika's Blender Compendium (find it on Nexus) and Vince's Blender2Oblivion (find it on TES Alliance) tutorials that are nice and useful.

That's what I used.
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM,

You can model, pero? I might have some concepts for you, if you're interested.

01-30-2011, 03:19 PM,

Yes Deeza, although I'm not an advanced modeller. I have made a thread with my relz and wipz resources here.

You could show me your concepts to see if I could do it.
01-30-2011, 03:42 PM,

Thanks pero. I've had a look at your thread, and some of your wipz projects could potentially be used for some places High Rock, with a few modifications. The felyonne set, for example, if it was expanded, might be just what we're looking for to make a mountain city we have been planning. And we could definitely use those haystacks in the fields of our villages. Would you be interested in helping us fill out some of our remaining locations?

In particular, if you would relish the thought of a challenge, what about this:

[Image: 8237839.jpg]

This is one of the most important locations in High Rock that still lacks a mesh. I can brief you more on the backstory of the Tower and why it's important if you're interested. It is, however, a lot more complex than what you've made so far, so let me know what you think.

01-30-2011, 03:56 PM,

I could try some concept, but it'd be great if you could find me a bigger picture of that concept. And sure, tell me what I need to know about it. Maybe we could take another thread or switch to PM?