Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just outrageous!!!!
01-30-2011, 03:59 PM,

Yes, I think that would be a good idea as we can avoid derailing this thread. I'll ask sandor to move the last few posts to the HR forum. In the meantime, give me a few minutes and I'll get the references that are relevant.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-30-2011, 05:05 PM,

Quote:Well, as I said, I suck at those, I can't even create or alter an object. Blender Noob to Pro was uesless. Took me a week of reading and I got nothing.
I'd say your problem is outlook, not program. Max is great, but it doesn't have a magic "make awesome model" button, and it too takes time and effort to learn. Blender seems confusing at first glance, and it does take time to get a hang of, but there are plenty of tutorials and people willing to help. So instead of giving up, I'd say take another look at the documentation (I hear Noob to Pro is quite outdated) and try again.

Of course, you could also try a different free program. Gmax is supported by niftools, and is a stripped down version of Max. Technically, anything that exports .obj can be used to make new models, though you will have to do post work in blender and/or nifskope to get it into the game. There are also month long trials of Max available for free.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-30-2011, 05:09 PM,

LadyN's quite right that there is no simple answer. I would just recommend max personally because I find its interface more intuitive than Blender.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!