Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HM Editing - noob issues
02-06-2011, 02:31 PM,
HM Editing - noob issues
Hi all,

With my new PC, I can finally make use of the height map editor. However, I've immediately noticed a problem I can't solve with the CS Wiki. When I get the HM loaded up, I can't see the full worldspace. The furthest reach of land is set at about 42 along the x co-ordinate and the HM area I'm presented with only goes as far as 30. Is this the four-quad rule mentioned here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...tor_Part_1 ?

Also, are there any more useful tutorials or resources other than this one: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...ap_Editing ? It's not a nice approach...just a dull list.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM,

You can't change the display area but you can change which 4 quads are displayed.

Make sure that the "Overview" tab is checked under the "View" menu of the Heightmap editor. Once it is, click "Refresh Overview". It can be a bit buggy, so just keep doing this until a tiny map of the quads is displayed in a new window (you may need to exit and enter the HM editor to do this). Then simply select the 4 quad set you want by clicking on that area in the mini-map.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM,

Cheers, Deez! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-08-2011, 09:23 PM,

My pleasure.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-26-2011, 02:09 AM,

Once it is, click "Refresh Overview". It can be a bit buggy, so just keep doing this until a tiny map of the quads is displayed in a new window (you may need to exit and enter the HM editor to do this).

[mod=sandor]Don't post copied content from other members!
This is an official warning.[/mod]
03-26-2011, 07:58 AM,

Why did sadmemories20 copy and paste a section of Deez's post? just curious.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
03-26-2011, 10:48 AM,

Odd indeed. And don't click on the link in his sig. It's clearly a dodgy site. Watch movies online that haven't yet been released on DVD and possibly not even out in the cinemas? Not even torrent sites do that safely.
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM,

Spam spam spam spam SPAAAM ... wonderful spam.
Morcroft Darkes
03-26-2011, 11:31 AM,

Hey, IG, what kind of PC did you end up getting?
03-27-2011, 11:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Spam spam spam spam SPAAAM ... wonderful spam.

That's a Monty Python song as well.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!