Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan for finishing as much of ST: OB by 11/11/11?
02-13-2011, 05:40 AM,
Plan for finishing as much of ST: OB by 11/11/11?
Skyrim's release is fast approaching. When Skyrim comes, I fear that it will be difficult to pull the sufficient labor force necessary to finish ST's Oblivion mod. Let's face it: enthusiasm for OB modding was never as high as it was for Morrowind. Looking around the forum, we have seen few posts in the ST/non-BC portion of the forums in February.

So my question is: "What is our plan to finish as much of this mod as possible by the dreaded 11/11/11?" And perhaps also, "How are we going to make the best use of the relatively small force of modders we currently have?"

From my understanding, exteriors have taken priority, followed by interiors, and perhaps with quests as an equal priority with interiors.

Of course, interiors are needed for quests to make any sense, and quests are needed to give a sense of purpose to the world itself. The quest portions answers the question "Why have I journeyed all this distance in the first place?" Ultimately, however, exteriors will be the first thing our players see, and the interiors and quests will revolve around them. Therefore, prioritizing exteriors first is a sound plan.

Now then, my next question is, "How can I make the best use of my time here to move the project forward?" Should I focus on interiors? quests? Doing my deadly interior-quest combos like I did for SCC0326?

Another issue I've noticed is this: we get *a lot* of guests here. Earlier, I saw we had a total of 25 guests browsing the forum. It would be nice if we could turn some of these guests into contributing members. Any ideas?

I'm not going to get pushy with this, but IMHO we need at least one significantly large questline for ST finished by 11/11/11. Miscellaneous quests are nice, but no one travels for miles to Morrowind to help poor old Sathril Radary cross the street. I think it would help if we had at least one good story-related reason for the player to make that journey across the mountains. This is just my opinion, though. I'm not one for argument Smile.

edit: This doesn't necessarily have to be THE main quest.

So I suppose what this whole post comes down to is: how are we going to make this the best mod it can be by 11/11/11, when we risk losing our momentum with the release of Skyrim? And of course, how can I help? I'm not that great with exteriors, so it would be more efficient to keep me in interiors or quests. So what interiors/quests should I focus on?
02-13-2011, 10:27 AM,
RE: Plan for finishing as much of ST: OB by 11/11/11?
Thanks for posting your ideas and concerns.

It's very clear that the interest for Oblivion is dwindling.
Even our Forgotten Garden and ST version 3.0 release didn't help to improve the total number of active modders.

Many of the guests are lurkers, checking the FAQ board or interested in one of the BC projects.

I posted the v4.0 release plan as discussed with the other Core members a few weeks ago.

I agree, we should focus on adding more quests.

Our current strategy is to work at one area (as a team) and then move on to the next point of interest.

Quote:Originally posted by Sniper4

So I suppose what this whole post comes down to is: how are we going to make this the best mod it can be by 11/11/11, when we risk losing our momentum with the release of Skyrim? And of course, how can I help? I'm not that great with exteriors, so it would be more efficient to keep me in interiors or quests. So what interiors/quests should I focus on?
Please focus on modding interiors for Silgrad city and adding quests as per your own preference. If you want to add a questline please post a proposal on the Quest dev. board.

TIA. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD