Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI package Help
03-06-2011, 09:40 AM,
AI package Help
hey guys,

Just wondering how I can force an npc to recheck the AI packages without waiting the hour? Any help would be helpful!

Thanks,
Sil
03-06-2011, 02:18 PM,

Hi silreth and Welcome to Silgrad Tower!

You could try this evaluatePackage.

Creating scripts to check any condition is also an option.

Have a great day
Zurke
03-06-2011, 08:00 PM,

Hey,

thanks, looking foward to trying it out. Working on a quest where the player follows a npc and at each point is attacked. I think I have all the info I need now so thanks again.

Sil
03-07-2011, 11:30 AM,

Hey,

Another question sprang to mind. How could I make a npc take say ten of one item from a container then go and place those in a different container, then do it again. This is assuming that the first container has say 1000 of that item.

Any help would once again be appreciated.
Sil
03-07-2011, 10:47 PM,

I am not a great scriptor and kind of wing my way through, but....

You have to ask yourself a couple of questions. Is the NPC seen by the player while doing the act? Does the NPC actually have to have the items in invetory?

If the player is not necessarily in the area then adding to one container while removing from the other would work. This would also work if the NPC did not need to have the items in inventory.

If the player is somehow involved and would check the NPC for the items then I would suggest removing from the container a certain amout of items and them adding to the player the same amount.

Adding and removing based on xmarker locations?

RemoveItem

Zurke
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM,

Hey,

When you do a find package and select target as a general object, does the npc look in containers. Just wondering as it may be a solution to problem above. Help is HELPFUL!

Sil
03-08-2011, 11:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by silreth
Hey,

When you do a find package and select target as a general object, does the npc look in containers. Just wondering as it may be a solution to problem above. Help is HELPFUL!

Sil

Check it out. Maybe you will need to assign a refernce ID?

Zurke
03-09-2011, 02:03 AM,

Speaking of reference id's. Is it possible to spawn a npc with one already on it?
Sil
03-10-2011, 01:56 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by silreth
Speaking of reference id's. Is it possible to spawn a npc with one already on it?
Sil

I do not see why not. Create an new NPC, assign an ref ID and check initially disabled after placing it in world.

You would need a script to enable the NPC. Or you could use the result script within the quest window.

Zurke
03-10-2011, 10:02 AM,

Hanks,

found a different way around the problem. I am working on a mod that is a bit different. I plan to make a website for it which I will post here if I do. How long does it take for npc to respawn if you checked that box. I believe it is three days. Thanks by the way, you are a great help. Be no where nere where I am without the help.

Sil