Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final call for April submissions
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM,
Final call for April submissions
I want to get a new alpha out by the end of the week. This will finish up most of what's being retained from the old pre-restart alpha and add a whole lot of new resources.

If you want anything in, please submit now - by Monday evening latest!

TOYB - this mean you!

In particular I'd really like to have the saloons in, as several un-walled settlements now need them.

I need a go / no-go decision on the Senchal walls: are they good enough to use now?

I know you were going to go back over the Orcrest / Dune wall set - can we get them in this release?

I really want to get the cities walled off during May - especially Senchal, Corinth, Orcrest, Dune and Rimmen.

Please cut back on the artistic integrity and gimme the meshes! You can perfect it later!
Morcroft Darkes
04-25-2011, 01:23 AM,

Apparently collision + 3ds Max hates me now (specifically the bhkRigidBody, every time I go to use it (to link up the bhkCollProxys), 3ds Max crashes, and on top of that the recovery of the scene also fails), which results in much anger and rage.

I'll see what can be done with it, however the meshes themselves are done for the Saloon set apart from the collision, if you want I can send you the files as-is (and either wait for me to fix my problem + send you the updated files which can be replaced, or go ahead and do the collision yourself).

I'll rush through the wallsets for Senchal and Orcrest/Dune today.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 3ds Max Nif Collision. Apparently I can now finish setting up the collision, however even though I've optimised the collision mesh, the exported version of the collision (specifically the collision of the wooden part of the mesh) will be unoptimised, even though I've checked the optimisation setting of the bhkCollProxy collision (the contains the wood section) multiple times and re-exported.
04-25-2011, 07:51 AM,

Optimise post-export with PyFFI?

I'd definitely like to get the meshes in-game if at all possible, so I'd say finish up the walls and send the saloon files as they are. That will give us lots to work with.
Morcroft Darkes
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Optimise post-export with PyFFI?

I'd definitely like to get the meshes in-game if at all possible, so I'd say finish up the walls and send the saloon files as they are. That will give us lots to work with.

I've not used PyFFI before?...

But anyway, I'll send ya the Saloon files soon, which I've done minus the collision (currently working on the wall pieces).
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Apparently collision + 3ds Max hates me now (specifically the bhkRigidBody, every time I go to use it (to link up the bhkCollProxys), 3ds Max crashes, and on top of that the recovery of the scene also fails), which results in much anger and rage.
Its never worked for me. Making a mesh with the bhkRigidbody modifier is enough to get working collision, no need for all that helper stuff.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-25-2011, 10:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Its never worked for me. Making a mesh with the bhkRigidbody modifier is enough to get working collision, no need for all that helper stuff.

If you only use Rigidbody then the entire mesh uses one collision type -and I managed to get around the problem anyway, but was met with unoptimised collision on export. (I've previously upgraded to a more recent version of max from '7, so this is probably the cause).

Edit: Here's the download link for the Saloons.

The paths for the textures (only two unique ones) will have to remapped for where you decide to put the files.

Edit2: We talked awhile back about those Ayleid mummies, and you didn't want to include them because of the permissions, but here Phitt has a nice Ayleid lich which would be nice to include as a boss encounter (or quest related) in one, or more, of the Ayleid Ruins.
04-25-2011, 11:56 PM,

Got 'em - looking good.
Morcroft Darkes
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM,

Just editted my previous post if you didn't notice that -included a link to an Ayleid Lich.

Edit: Also, here's a link to some mine rails which would be great for Miliin's mine.