Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SilgradCity0107 [Claimed]
07-27-2011, 05:29 PM,

I've finished "SilgradCity0107Elite." That went quicker than I thought it would Tongue. Next, I'll work on:

"SilgradCity0107GroundsShed"
"SilgradCity0107WGuard"
"SilgradCity0107NGuardTower"

Once those are done, it will leave only the guest house cells.

I haven't made NPCs for any of my interiors yet. There are several issues that will need to be cleared up before I can make NPC's, AI, etc.:

1. The exterior structure will need to be lowered so that its first floor is at ground level. This will allow NPCs to move throughout the manor. I can do this, if desired.

2. Should I wait until all of our work is merged together before making NPCs? I ask, because I will probably make guard patrols go throughout the entire structure, including the second floor/dining hall. The servants living in the M2 cell will want to move around the entire structure as well.

3. I'll need exterior pathgrids around the manor. I can do these too, if desired.
07-30-2011, 08:55 PM,

The following cells are now complete:

"SilgradCity0107GroundsShed"
"SilgradCity0107WGuard"
"SilgradCity0107NGuardTower"

That just leaves these cells:
SilgradCity0107Guest
SilgradCity0107Guest2

Once these cells + M2 are finished, all interior work for SCC0107 will be complete. It may take me a bit longer to do these two cells, since there's more bare space to cover, but I hope to have them done by Wednesday.

After all my cells are done, I'll test them in game. I've already completed in-editor tests for floaters, bleeders, etc on them.

I'll probably wait until after all of my cells and M2 are merged together in the ESM before I make the NPCs and start on the quests, so I can take the full manor's pathgrid into account.* I still have SCC0343 to work on (needed for Valen's SCC0107 questline), so no time will be wasted while I wait for the merging/review of SCC0107's interiors.

*Another option would be that once M2 is merged, I could continue working with my current ESP, since the merging of M2 alone would complete the manor's interior pathgrid, also. I suppose it just depends on whether or not M2 is completed and merged before I can finish and upload my contribution to SCC0107.

edit: I've been looking around, and I've found that there is *a lot* of bedroom space. Perhaps the player can be given his/her own room upon reaching the fourth quest in Valen's questline? I've identified a 4X4 tile room that could be used for such a thing.
08-03-2011, 11:38 AM,

Thanks for the updates. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Sniper4

So long as we have the bandit cave, SCC0343, and one of the four elements in place, all five of the proposed Goldar Valen quests can be made Smile.

edit: Since this is an elite guardian's quarters, it will probably be fairly upper-middle class. I'm thinking redware for dining objects, and I'll use upper class furniture.
Noted. :check:

1. The exterior structure will need to be lowered so that its first floor is at ground level. This will allow NPCs to move throughout the manor. I can do this, if desired.

[..]

3. I'll need exterior pathgrids around the manor. I can do these too, if desired.
Sniper4
Please go ahead.

edit: I've been looking around, and I've found that there is *a lot* of bedroom space. Perhaps the player can be given his/her own room upon reaching the fourth quest in Valen's questline? I've identified a 4X4 tile room that could be used for such a thing.
Sounds good. Smile

I prefer to merge your current esp asap.
If possible today, I'll post a new patch later on. :check:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-03-2011, 01:36 PM,

Here is the esp as it is so far. The only thing left to do on it is to finish adding items to the second guest bedroom cell and playtest the interiors. I've already done a full in- editor check for floaters and bleeders, so most errors should be caught already.

As mentioned above, no NPC's have been added yet. I'm also saving ownership and exterior door locking for whenever M2 is complete.
08-03-2011, 01:39 PM,

Thanks! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-11-2011, 04:47 AM,

I have been working on finishing this claim up. I've just finished the second guest bedroom cell, and next I will move on to some basic NPC work. My current plan is to make all NPCs for my SCC0107 cells, including Goldar Valen. For now, Valen will simply have enough dialogue to make SCC0107 playable* for our 4.0 release.

After this has been made playable, I'd like to move on to finishing SCC0343.

*By playable, I mean making it so that it doesn't feel unfinished.