Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SilgradCity0107 [Claimed]
06-29-2011, 04:33 AM,

I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I didn't see your post until now, for some reason.

If you could start with M2 that would be perfect Smile. Your description sounds just like what I had in mind, too.

I've just finished furnishing SilgradCity0107M3 tonight. All I have to do is add rugs to the grand study, and I will be ready to start adding items.

Thank you so much for your help Smile. Sorry again for not responding earlier.

edit: for further guidance on M2, the pdf I attached in the file "fakecad.rar" above shows what I had in mind for the second floor of the structure. Feel free to change whatever you need, however. The only other major points of interest were Valen's personal training area* and the steward's quarters.

*In the pdf file, the training area is shown as being between the servant's tower (called "tower") and the south staircase. Due to layout restrictions, it would probably be better to switch the area shown as "storage" and "training" around. This would put the training area in the southwest corner of the structure, and the kitchen storage/ pantry between the servant's tower and the stairs. These are just my suggestions. Do what you want with it, or if you've already started working on this, don't worry about changing anything Smile.
07-01-2011, 06:34 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sniper4

If you could start with M2 that would be perfect Smile. Your description sounds just like what I had in mind, too.
Okay! Smile

I'll start later today.

edit: for further guidance on M2, the pdf I attached in the file "fakecad.rar" above shows what I had in mind for the second floor of the structure. Feel free to change whatever you need, however. The only other major points of interest were Valen's personal training area* and the steward's quarters.

*In the pdf file, the training area is shown as being between the servant's tower (called "tower") and the south staircase. Due to layout restrictions, it would probably be better to switch the area shown as "storage" and "training" around. This would put the training area in the southwest corner of the structure, and the kitchen storage/ pantry between the servant's tower and the stairs. These are just my suggestions. Do what you want with it, or if you've already started working on this, don't worry about changing anything Smile.
Noted.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-01-2011, 01:25 PM,

Thank you Big Grin.

I'm getting pretty close to being finished with the 3rd through 5th floors of the main structure (M3, which stands for "main, 3rd floor"). All I have to do is add some more items to the grand study. The study is looking part study, part library at the moment. I have organized Valen's book collection into three book shelves:

1. Ledgers, two rare books, and one skill book
2. Dunmer religious books, with "Varieties of Faith..." thrown in.
3. A collection of "common" books.

Once item-ization is done, I can do an in-editor check for floaters/bleeders, set lights, then do pathgrids. Smile
07-01-2011, 01:34 PM,

Great! Big Grin

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-04-2011, 05:55 AM,

M3 is done, though it took me about a day and a half longer than planned (thunder storms, unexpectedly long trip to Indiana, etc got in the way). All I have to do now is playtest it.

With that done, I'll begin working on the Vault Smile. This will be the cell that contains both the secret meeting room and Valen's personal storage vault (that closet- like room).

I'm still deciding what I'll have in the storage vault. It will probably be similar (though considerably less loot-ful) than the Vivec great house vaults, and the only way to enter will be to get Valen's key (assuming Valen has already given you access to the cell via his quests).
07-05-2011, 03:33 PM,

Thanks for the update! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-08-2011, 12:12 AM,

The vault is done. It took a bit longer than I had planned, but she's done now. I made the actual storage part of the vault wealthy enough to lock up, but not so much that the player can get rich quick off of it. Also, I plan to have three sets of locked doors (key required) between the player and the loot, and the keys will be:
-one on Goldar Valen- unlocks the door to the room in Valen's quarters
-one on the elite guardian- unlocks the door to the vault storage room
-one hidden somewhere- needed to access the stairwell to the meeting room

In terms of loot, the only extraordinarily wealthy items are a glass cuirass and a set of ebony gauntlets. The cuirass is meant to be Valen's personal cuirass, while the ebony gauntlets serve more as loot.

Also note that I added two Dwemer items to the cell (a Dwemer sword to act as Valen's personal sword, and a Dwemer mace), just to add to the feeling that this is a room where shady, and rather illegal, meetings occur. The meeting room also contains a small selection of weapons and armor, to give it that "bunker feeling," though this is to be a relatively peaceful revolution. As mentioned, this will all be locked up securely, so only a very skilled thief character can obtain this loot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I will work on cell "SilgradCity0107" which is the first floor of the structure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been making more plans for Valen's quests. Here's what I've come up with:

(Quests 2 and 4 have been detailed above)

Quest 1: This is the quest to prove that the player is reliable, but it also shows Valen that the player can handle himself in combat, should the need arise. Brilnus Andules will send the player out to dispose of some bandits who have been harassing travelers and disrupting trade. This will probably just be a simple "clear the cave of bandits" quest. It's more to make sure the player can handle himself in combat, should the need arise.

Quest 3: Valen made the mistake of telling a wealthy friend of his about his plans for Silgrad Tower. The friend has been rather loose- lipped about this knowledge, especially at the bar when he's had a few drinks.

Valen has demanded that his friend stop spilling his plan to the locals, but this friend has not kept his word. Brilnus Andules gives the player three options options:
1. Poison the friend's food with a substance that will paralyze him for several weeks, so he can not leave his house to gossip.
2. Stealthily kill the friend. (Valen would rather you not do this)
3. Challenge the friend to a duel, and go as Valen's champion. The friend, realizing he has betrayed Valen, will honor the duel.

If the player chooses 3, the player and Valen's friend meet in the eastside sewers below the city. If the player happens to weaken the friend without killing him, he will yield to the player, and promise not to even go to the bar anymore. The player may accept or deny the yield. Regardless of if the player chooses 1, 2, or 3, the quest will be complete, with some difference in reward depending on which path he/she chose.

I will need to look around the town to see what NPC can act as the friend.

Quest 5: This is a possible quest 5 candidate. Valen wants to get Silgrad Tower's temple on his side (one of the four "elements"- religion). The player will speak to the person in charge of the local temple and give the proposal. He/she will tell the player that he can't support Valen if Valen doesn't support his cause: spreading the idea of the Tribunal's ascension to all of Silgrad Tower's citizens (see "Temple Propaganda", StBook4TemplePropaganda.)

Valen will tell the player that though he was a devout servant of the Tribunal when they were alive, news of their death crushed his faith. He is willing to claim the ascended Tribunal as his gods, though he doesn't truly believe they have "ascended" by the Nerevarine's hand, if it means getting the Temple on their side. The player now has a choice:
1. Encourage Valen to convert to Silgrad Temple's faith.
2. Discourage Valen from converting, telling him that he shouldn't base his religion on politics, and he shouldn't lie to his people.

If 1:
Valen goes to the Temple, uses the "pray" animation on some sacred point in the Temple for one hour, then tells the player he has converted, and those citizens who admire/honor him will likely follow suit. The temple is now on Valen's side.

If 2:
The temple refuses to help. If we extend this questline past these 5 quests, and the player hasn't brought 3 of the 4 "elements" of the city to his cause, then the player will have to do a "make up quest" to earn an extra faction for the cause.

That's all the ideas I have for now Smile.
07-19-2011, 04:34 AM,

I feel like it's update time Smile. The cell "SilgradCity0107" is almost complete, except I still have to do the following:

-Finish adding items to the largest of the three meeting rooms
-Add plants to the planters
-Add lighting
-Create Pathgrids

I wanted to finish it tonight, but I've ran out of time. The third meeting room is large, so it may take a little while to add all the detail I want. Lighting and pathgrids won't take too long, however.

I'm very pleased with how the "ballroom" area turned out. It has a certain upper class sophistication, but there's plenty signs of drinking, game playing, and stuffing oneself with needless calories, which draws it away from that classical ballroom feel. It even has a bar area that would serve drinks on the house during parties. Overall, it has a certain upper class rowdiness to it. I also used the "stage" tiles to add detail and make this interior look more unique. There's one elevated area where Goldar sits at parties, and one where performers can... perform. Smile

edit: I've given the ballroom area an "after the party" appearance, so it looks like the party is over, the guests have left, and the poor servants must clean up the mess. This approach allowed me to show what the room is like during parties and made it seem more alive.
07-22-2011, 12:15 PM,

edit: I've given the ballroom area an "after the party" appearance, so it looks like the party is over, the guests have left, and the poor servants must clean up the mess. This approach allowed me to show what the room is like during parties and made it seem more alive.
Nice! Smile

I like your quest ideas. :check:

I'll finish the dining area by Sunday.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-23-2011, 10:39 PM,

The cell "SilgradCity0107" is now done. Next, I will move on to "SilgradCity0107Elite," which is the guard tower that will house Rithlas Dievor, one of the four Elite Guardians. Since he is in on Valen's plans, he will be needed for my Valen quest line. Once I complete this cell, all of the quest-essential cells in SCC0107 will be complete.

In terms of "prerequisite" cells for completing Valen's currently proposed questline, finishing the elite guard tower will leave:

-A bandit cave

-SCC0343 (I haven't made further progress on this, yet)

-One of the four "elements" completed. For this, I will need one of the following to be finished:
1.The Temple (Religion)
2.The Market Hall (Economy)
3.All Councilors must be present in the gameworld, somewhere. (Politics)
4.Richeard Bleau must be present in the gameworld, somewhere. (Military)

So long as we have the bandit cave, SCC0343, and one of the four elements in place, all five of the proposed Goldar Valen quests can be made Smile.

edit: Since this is an elite guardian's quarters, it will probably be fairly upper-middle class. I'm thinking redware for dining objects, and I'll use upper class furniture.