Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stormhold - Followers of the Naga (Open)
07-21-2011, 11:54 AM,
Stormhold - Followers of the Naga (Open)
Hey my name is Mizreg and I have thought of a nice little quest that can take place in Stormhold. When you have reached a certain level of infamy (I suggest 5 or so) an argonian called Sca-Dimma wil talk to you and asked you if you can help him, the only option will be to ask him ''what do you want me to do?'', and then he sais nevermind and walks away. During your next visit in Stormhold a named guard captain (I'm bad at making up names so ill leave that to you :p) will talk to you and sais that a prisoner wants to speak with you and that you have to come to the prison at 8pm. At 8pm, head to the prison and there is the captain, talk to him and he will take you to the Argonian that spoke to you earlier and he starts whispering: ''As I tried to ask you earlier I have killed someone, an enemy of the Hist, and now, as member of the Naga, I want you to break me out of jail''.

---
Since I read something about a hist dimension or something I dont know if the Hist are friend or foe but that will eventually determine the last parts of the quest. It turns out that you get a choise to either just walk away, which will follow in an assassination attempt by another argonian the next time you visit Stormhold. You can also help him out of jail and he will give you boots that fortify your security and sneak by 2 or you can tell the guard he tried to bribe you and then the captain kills the argonian.

I hope you like it and will include it the mod if not show me where I can improve the quest and I will do so to get it into the game anyway.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-21-2011, 07:48 PM,

Thanks Mizreg,

We always welcome ideas. At the moment, I'm not in any position to help you develop the quest as I'll be away shortly and have to go very soon. However, bear in mind what I say in the Pledge of the Lizard King and elsewhere on these forums about quests.

This is that there should be a warning to anyone posting up quest ideas without the skills to develop the quests themselves. There is only a very tiny percentage (I'd say below 1%) chance that the idea will be implemented unless it's awesome. The reason being that no one likes to develop the quests that another has come up with. It contradicts the whole creative process to do the 'grunt work' for someone else's idea.

However, I really don't want to stop you as I always like to hear the ideas and may even use them. If, however, you have quest modding skills then there's a lot of people here who would be prepared to spend a LOT of time to help you. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-22-2011, 08:07 AM,

Hi Mizreg;

This one interested me, but I would first change the grammar, take the Pledge (that never gets old Smile) and never ever say "i will leave that up to you". i was on TR awhile back and they hated that. it does get annoying. This is also MIGHT be a little hard to script from just looking at it.
I have the urge to post things ideas up here, but I really don't think I have the time or the proper skills to do such, so I don't post them.
Sorry but I am only interested in helping you.

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
07-22-2011, 08:23 AM,

Thanks for this information in the quest, this was of course not yet the complete and finished version. I will try to decide on which ending I will use on the quest and maybe get to scripting it a bit, I have some experience, and I'm sure I can do it, but it will take me some time and effort. I will start trying to build in about the same quest in Cyrodill and if I succeed maybe I'll come back to the first idea.

Once again thank you so much for this information and I will return whenever I've got some interesting developments on the quest.

Mizreg
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-22-2011, 09:01 AM,

Thanks for the input, PWN. Keep it going then, Mizreg. If you build up a few modding skills, we'd love to have you on the team. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM,

thanks, Big Grin
09-01-2011, 05:14 PM,

This thread appears to have turned into something completely different after the initial post. It hasn't been updated since, so shall we count it as dead?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-01-2011, 07:02 PM,

I don't think it's dead, personally. And Mizreg may wish to develop it. The way this thread developed was just me making sure that it wasn't just another random bod writing up a half-baked idea for a quest that we waste our time discussing without actually implementing it. We'll leave it open and hopefully it can be developed and come to fruition.
09-01-2011, 07:34 PM,

Sounds fair enough to me. Smile
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!