Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skooma Skooma 'round the world
07-23-2011, 08:26 PM,

Not bad, not bad at all in melding our three ideas.

The problem is, we have been asking for people who know how to make quests. Me and Ibsen's Ghost don't have quest making experience. Ibsen said he'll try to learn how to make quests at some point, but that might take a while. My job is to model, texture, and animate (can take a long time) - so I don't know if I can actually make time to learn quest stuff.

Also, Deeza and Ibsen will be more absent for a while longer. Soon, I will be starting a job, so I will have less time on my hands myself.

However, I hear that the TesAlliance website, offers classes in various areas of modding, questing included:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/

(you want the forum section titles "The Enclave")

I will be around most days to help answer questions. I know some scripting myself, so I might be able to help with that.
------------------------------------
If you are up to the challenge, start a new esp in the CS that is dependent on our Blackmarsh.esm. Between what you know by heart, and what TesAlliance can help you with, experiment with getting this quest to work, one step at a time.
You may add some new characters (Saraj, Bariq, GutsHP, etc), and make that shack that GutsHP is found in (be sure to use matching architecture, for what is already used in that area).

Also, the "Blue Green Tavern right outside Lilmoth" - I don't know if we have such a tavern with such name set up yet. We might already have a Tavern. What you could do, is make a building nearby in the wood outside of Lilmoth, that seems to be a "restricted access" club of sorts (it turns out to be a skooma club). The door is locked and there will be no key to be found, anywhere. It seems to be permanently locked. But once the player hears about this club that GutsHP goes to, while the player is in jail, then the door is unlocked, and dead "club guard" is found dead right outside, beside the door of that club when the player arrives. By using this special building for this quest, you can place the dead NPCs in there in CS, to begin with, and not have to worry about extra scripting to "clean up" a real functioning inn/tavern, that rents rooms and sells stuff.

Koniption

EDIT: oh yeah - I don't know if we have a Blackmarsh "jail system" set up yet in our mod...
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-23-2011, 08:54 PM,

Thanks once more for all the info, since there are no true questers in the team I guess I will try to get better at it, learn a scripting language and try to fill in that part of the team myself. Seems like I just found a new passtime :p

PS: It would be quite ironic if the club guard was wielding a club Wink
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-23-2011, 10:46 PM,

Hi Miz, KP;

That's the next issue I wanted to address, the jailing. i will have a look at that once I post this. I also know how to quest a little but I am off of mid-term exams and I have had my yearly holiday so I have A LOT of spare time after school.
I can give you aid if you need Mizreg so just PM me and I will respond ASAP.

Blue Green tavern is the name i right down on all my quests, (well, used to, don't write as much as I'd like) so no worries, but I think cluster it in trees and have it off the road with only a light path leading to it. The canopy will be wary low as to hide the tavern.

Thanks KP, I was thinking, "how am I going to make this "clean-up?", but that is easier.

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
07-24-2011, 11:38 AM,

PM'd ya Big Grin
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-24-2011, 08:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mizreg
Thanks once more for all the info, since there are no true questers in the team I guess I will try to get better at it, learn a scripting language and try to fill in that part of the team myself. Seems like I just found a new passtime :p

PS: It would be quite ironic if the club guard was wielding a club Wink

Yes, it would be ironic. I suggest arming him with a club, if you include him. Tongue

Thanks for the help guys. And thanks for helping Mizreg, t3h_pwn3r_ii .

:goodjob:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-24-2011, 09:03 PM,

Yeah bet you I am:p
07-25-2011, 11:47 AM,

Progress report 25-7-2011

Started modding this into Cyrodill since I don't know where to get the Blackmarsh.esm file(s) Big Grin . Made all the NPC's though I get an error with the tail on all Argonians and Khajiits I mod into the game, they still work, but ingame they are spassing out a bit.

--Mizreg
07-25-2011, 01:33 PM,

Hi Miz;
IG will send you the esm.'s when he gets back, unless KP has permission to give them out when IG is absent. I don't think so but I will PM her, I sure can't as I am nowhere near a admin ( i think that is the right word for the higher people). I think it would be a good idea though to test tin the vanilla, just to maker it simple, like dialogue we will put in just simple and all models will be basic. we have to be careful though not to alter anything in the original at all, a move of a rock can alter an NPC's AI Wander! I say we as I will aid you in this. I will not do it all, but if you wish to take a break, i can take over for a week or so. If we can make a vanilla one then we can test it, if it works, like the dead bodies are good, the people are good, then we will be aye okay. I think we should however make it in a small town first, preferably, my small mod Mirn, I will send it to you in my next PM, or you can download in the link BELOW.

New Modders Start Here
Just find my post with the files.

I am currently doing my own claim, so just PM me or use the email found in my profile.
If you have gmail we can use chat on that (not webcam, no webcam, never webcam!)

And no worries KP, I am always happy to help out. I hate doing nothing.
Cheers PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
07-25-2011, 05:10 PM,

Thanks again t3h pwn3r, I was actually planning on using Bravil and Leyawinn as test subjects but this is even better Big Grin thnx.
07-25-2011, 09:46 PM,

@ Mizreg and t3h_pwn3r_i - yes, I have moderator status, but I'm not the admin. Sandor is the admin. Sandor is higher up the chain of command on these forums than I am.

I do have the link to the BSA files for Blackmarsh.

Since you guys seem to be working together so well, I will send you the link to the BSA, Mizreg.

Read the whole PM carefully, as it includes the instructions on how to register the BSA in Oblivion's ini documents, what to do if that doesn't work, and links/info on the other files to install, after you install the BSA.

Our mod is dependent on Oblivion.esm (a given, naturally), Shivering Isles, and OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender). But these are the only three files that Blackmarsh is dependent on. You don't have to make your esp for Blackmarsh dependent on OBSE, though, if your quest doesn't need or use OBSE scripting stuff. We can merge non-OBSE esps, into the BM esm, while keeping the esm OBSE dependent. But other stuff in Blackmarsh won't work properly, if you test the BM esm and your esp in the game, without loading your game using the "obse_loader.exe" that comes with the downloadable OBSE files.

But you are free to experiment with OBSE's scripting commands & functions, in your quest. Just be sure you use the latest stable version of OBSE, which I think is version 0020.

Koniption