Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower's Planning thread [Old Discussion]
09-02-2011, 10:00 AM,

Sounds crazy, but what if we mod all the way down to Omyani from Blacklight then only mod the cities marked on this map. Except perhaps Cormanis View which is way to close to Soluthis.
The cities wouldn't have to be that big so the interior count should still remain manageable.
We could then treat everything else that is not labelled but we want in the mod like:

*A Ruin or Dungeon
*A Small Village
*Argoinian, Legion, Dunmer Army Camp

That would be a bit more than two quads, certainly manageable considering how much of our previous 32 quads we got done.

EDIT:

Our Morrowind mod had 28 OB cells from the Skyrim border to the Inner sea? If my calculation are close to correct our TESV mod would be about that number.
09-02-2011, 11:30 AM,

That actually doesn't sound crazy to me at all. At the scale you're talking about, that proposal actually sounds very much "do-able".

Cormaris View was only a minor settlement anyway, so it could be deflated to a small hamlet at that scale without any major effects. Although we could justifiably use the PGE3 map as an excuse to shift Blacklight right up further north, so that there is more space between them.

So I suppose if we follow your logic, a list of locations might look something like this:

(these are just vague ideas, let me know what you think)

Major Settlements

Blacklight - on the north coast, an ideal location for resettlement from the New North (the giant Dunmer colony on Solstheim), which could be a faction in its own right

Soluthis - if I recall right, the TES4 version was a sort of wheel-and-spokes arrangement with Reich Parkeep in the middle on a mountain and the city districts all around. Perhaps this could be used to our advantage, with Reich Parkeep still inhabited, and surrounded by ruins?

Silgrad Tower - the mod's namesake, this will have to not only be present, but a significant location. Perhaps we could make it the largest settlement, justified by the movement of population?

Minor Settlements

Cormaris - in between Blacklight and Soluthis, this was an island town if I recall. Perhaps an outpost of the New North?

Veranis Hall - I believe someone did this for the TES4 version. I believe it's a redoran settlement, and from the name it sounds like a country mansion of some kind?

Omayni - if we go with Lady N's map as a reasonable estimate, this was likely the northern extent of the Argonian invasion. Depending on whether they're still around or not come TES5, this could be a good place for either that Argonian camp you suggested, or an outpost defending against them?

Septim's Gate (assuming it hasn't been abandoned by the empire)

Ruined Settlements or Dungeons

Steadhelm

Ebeddin

Hla Ruhn

Gargon Huul

Ancient Gate (the way the Velothi got into Morrowind, and the logical entry point from Skyrim)

Have I missed any?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-02-2011, 11:52 AM,

Sounds good to me! Smile

Veranis Hall was Hlauu in our TES4 mod, in TES3 I believe it was an odd mix of Nord, Imperial and Redoran.

I'm not sure about Omayni, I'll do some digging on TR and the Imperial Library to see if there is any info on that town,
09-02-2011, 01:22 PM,

Good plan, TR is probably our best help when it comes to tracking down lore references.

Out of interest, why was it decided to make it Hlaalu? On the Dev Map ( http://tamrielchronicles.com/assets/conc...rowind.jpg ) it looks like it's a minor Redoran town. Was it switched to give more opportunities to use the Hlaalu architecture?

By contrast, on the map Omayni seems to be a Hlaalu minor town.

09-02-2011, 11:33 PM,

I'm not really sure why the town is Hlauu.
When I started to work on the town it was already Hlauu. (Which does look really good, credit to Blackbird.)

In both our TES4 and TES3 mods Veranis Hall was sort of a tucked away mountain town at the southernmost area of the map.
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM,

I'm sure there was a reason for it.

I really like the idea of a mountain town, as it was something that TES3 didn't really have any of (we can have all sorts of opportunities imagining what Dunmer alpine towns are like)

09-03-2011, 01:14 AM,

Perhaps Cormanis View and Veranis Hall should be the two "stop-overs" between the larger towns of Blacklight and Soluthis\SilgradTower and Omayni.
That means we could have 4 average sized cities and 2 mid sized towns along with the other hamlets like Ald Nium, Deepen Meadows.
09-03-2011, 06:40 AM,

All these ideas are very interesting. Smile

Btw, with regards to ST's Hlaalu architecture, this was in the lore forum:

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Originally a Redoran town, the original settlement was destroyed in a bloody and devestating war with House Hlaalu - and ironically, it was House Hlaalu who landed the rebuilding contract after the war was over, and thus the spiring new town resembles other Hlaalu towns in architecture.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
09-03-2011, 10:10 AM,

@Deeza
Could you recap the suggestions/ideas taking into account the remarks from the others?

If so, please send it via PM and I'll add it to the OP.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-03-2011, 10:16 AM,

Yes, of course I can.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to do it right now, because today I am going to visit an elderly relative who has no internet connection, but I should be able to do it tomorrow night, if that's ok with you.

@ jucklesjenk:
Thanks for that quote. Now that I see it again, I remember having read it before. What I was wondering was if that was original lore by the project, because I haven't been able to find it on TIL?