Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower's Planning thread [Old Discussion]
09-03-2011, 10:58 AM,

@Deeza: NP Smile However I'm not sure about any further information.

Btw, also what will be the status of Lumen Julianii?
My guess is that it survived the cataclysm quite well due to it's sheltered position, but then perhaps it was just abandoned, or rediscovered by an Imperial missionary or maybe even prospered into a small town due to the structures and resources being largely intact when everything around it wasn't.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
09-03-2011, 11:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
@Deeza: NP Smile However I'm not sure about any further information.

Btw, also what will be the status of Lumen Julianii?
My guess is that it survived the cataclysm quite well due to it's sheltered position, but then perhaps it was just abandoned, or rediscovered by an Imperial missionary or maybe even prospered into a small town due to the structures and resources being largely intact when everything around it wasn't.

Perhaps Lumen Julianii could be a run down place occupied by "the last of the faithful" if you know I mean.

That could make for some interesting quests Wink
09-03-2011, 01:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Yes, of course I can.
Thanks. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-03-2011, 01:34 PM,

Quote:Perhaps Lumen Julianii could be a run down place occupied by "the last of the faithful" if you know I mean.

That could make for some interesting quests
Yes...yes it could. I like that idea personally. Smile
Perhaps there could be a short questline in which the player chooses to help them prosper and establish a strong religious presence or try to "purge" them for another faction eg. Tribunal Temple remnants (who believe in the impending return of the Tribunal) or the Nordic religous authorities.

09-04-2011, 01:19 AM,

I thought I would share my opinions on the settlement list:

CITIES:

Silgrad Tower:
I doubt this city would be in great shape because of tensions between the two houses, along with the Argonian Invasion/Red Mountain eruption.
I think infastructure and political order would have broken down over the years.
This map by LadyN suggests that the city may have dodged the majority of the effects of the Red Mountain disaster but likely still have been significantly affected.
I imagine the university as an old ruin, and the Slums engulfing much of the city except for a few affulent places. (Imagine Delhi or Mumbai.)

Steadhelm:
This city would have completey dissolved at the begining of the fourth era. Not only would have the Empire probably left the city, but it likely was flooded during the tsunami waves caused by the eruption.
Could be an interesting dungeon.

Soluthis:
I imagine the city as a cluster of relatively poor homes surrounding the the abandoned Reich Parkeep districts. (Taken over by warlords?)
Perhaps the bridge may have collapsed and been replaced by a shoddy wooden one?

Ald Nium:
Could still be there, but the town likely would have lost it's only industry, farming, during the ash clouds and tsunami.
I think it's likely that most of its resident fled to Soluthis during the disaster.

Holdgate:
This one is fifty-fifty, it depends on how much the empire "collapsed".
If the empire still has the resources to man a border post then I likely is still there, but if not the town is probably just a ruin.

Veranis Hall:
This one is likely still in good shape. In our TES4 version the town was shelted on all four sides by the Velothi Mountains, connected to the outside world by tunnels.
The community is probably still relatively intact despite the major hiccups occuring.

Omayni:
I think Omayni probably is in a similiar boat as Silgrad Tower.
If we were to do this town the effects of the Argonian Invasion should be obvious, with perhaps local militia taking over the town 160 years ago and simply not going back to normal.

Cormanis View:
This is quite far north so it could still be relatively safe and intact. Unlike Soluthis the town wouldn't have to have dealt with a sudden Imperial withdrawl. (The was no garrison in the TES3 town.)

Blackight:
Although the town is probably intact and safe, refugees would have flooded the port town wanting to leave to Skyrim, Solstheim, High Rock or even Atmora!
I imagine that due to the chaos some refugees settled their permantly.
The town would have still had to deal with the imperial withdrawl but I have a feeling order was quickly settled.
09-05-2011, 04:54 PM,

Thanks for that, ImpatientFan. I will add your comments to the summary I send to sandor.

I think that I've gone more towards the extreme "destruction" end of the spectrum of possibilities, whereas you're more on the "continuity" end (that's not a criticism at all, it's a debate we need to have). We may have to end up waiting for the in-game references to find out what level of civilisation is still left in this area (hopefully the second ES book will have a few more clues).

I really like the idea of Steadhelm as a dungeon. Gives me some ideas for some concepts...

@ jucklesjenk:

Please remind me - Lumen Julianii is an Imperial mission post, right?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-05-2011, 06:07 PM,

@Deeza

I believe so, yes, although the lore forum isn't entirely clear on it's origins, but it does appear to be Imperial.

09-05-2011, 07:34 PM,

That's interesting. I suppose if it's an unclear issue, we might want to come up with a more detailed backstory that fills in the gaps of its history (assuming we don't have to cut the location due to the smaller scale)

09-08-2011, 05:20 PM,

I have tried to summarise this thread so far and have sent the results to sandor as requested.

09-09-2011, 01:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I have tried to summarise this thread so far and have sent the results to sandor as requested.
Thanks. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD