Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If having hard time finding task to do; PM me
08-09-2011, 12:38 AM,
If having hard time finding task to do; PM me
@ Mizreg, PWN, Anubis100, Asmar, and other newer Blackmarsh modders:

If any of you start to struggle finding something to do or finish here at Blackmarsh, please don't let this put you off.

Between IG's holidays, Deeza's residence move and holidays, and me now working - there's been an unusually low amount of time on our hands. I bet IG didn't even have time to prepare more claims for you guys to have a choice from, like he wished he could have, beforehand.

Anyway, if you are stuck coming up with something to do, please PM me, and I'll try to help you find something. But also, please focus on getting your current claims and tasks done first, before moving on to something else.

Take care,
Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-09-2011, 02:06 AM,
RE: If having hard time finding task to do; PM me
Hi,
Well I was going to take a Hist Shrine Interior but I wanted alittle more time before using that tileset before upping into that. I am having some clipping issues with the ceilings. Not the floors or the walls. Just the Ceilings. ?(
Oh well I'm sure I'll get it.
I do have a question about that set though. Is there a reason there is not 3 way water channel?
many great mods started and ended with the question "I wounder what the sewer tileset is like".
08-09-2011, 02:44 AM,
RE: If having hard time finding task to do; PM me
Quote:Originally posted by Asmar
Hi,
Well I was going to take a Hist Shrine Interior but I wanted alittle more time before using that tileset before upping into that. I am having some clipping issues with the ceilings. Not the floors or the walls. Just the Ceilings. ?(
Oh well I'm sure I'll get it.
I do have a question about that set though. Is there a reason there is not 3 way water channel?

Yeah, the Hist Shrine interior tileset is a little more complicated and takes getting used to. ShadowGame modeled the core pieces for the Hist shrine interior tileset, and I later took those pieces and turned them into interior tileset pieces. But seeing as it was my first tileset I've ever done, the way I did it was a bit awkward.

Can you post a screenshot of the part of the ceiling that clips?
Oftentimes, with the Hist shrine tileset, you have to use other models to hide seams, cracks, and other irregularities.

Also, look at the following hist shrine nifs to help hide ceiling gaps (these are "ceiling only" nifs):

hsStairwayCeilingLong01.nif (is flat, not slanted)
hsStairwayCeilingLong02.nif (is flat, not slanted)
hsStairwayCeilSlant01.nif (is slanted to one side)
hsStairwayCeilSlant02.nif (is slanted to one side)
hsStairwayCeilSlantLong01.nif (is slanted to one side, longer length)
hsStairwayCeilSlantLong02.nif (is slanted to one side, longer length)

There is not a 3-way water channel, because I did not think to make one at the time.

I can make a 3-way water channel(s), but it might take me a week or so..do you really need some 3-way water channels?

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-09-2011, 09:38 AM,

this is a very usefull thread, for now I'm busy doing greenspring and I would also like to do a dungeon later on but first Greenspring. Good job Koniption, this is gonna be a very usefull thread in the future.

--Miz
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-09-2011, 10:57 AM,

Hi Kp and Asmar;

Thanks KP! You are a dear! An absolute lovely dear to have around.
And Asmar, I a looking at taking, Asashap, a Hist Temple/Shrine. i PM'd IG but he left that exact day, probably an hour or two before I sent it. So I am having a fiddle to. I will wait till he is back.

Thanks again KP!

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-09-2011, 12:14 PM,

Great job holding the fort while the rest of us were away, KP... Big Grin
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM,

"Do, a dear, a female dear; Ra, a drop of golden sun..."

No problem, Deeza. I'm happy to be of service.

PWN, if you want to wait until IG is back, before starting Asashap, that is fine.

Koniption

EDIT:

Please remember to use the the standard naming convention, for interior cells of all types:

Blackmarsh prefix (BM) + Type of cell (Dungeon = Dun) + City/Region (Gideon = Gid) + Subname for city cell (Sewer) + Level (01) + your modding initials (AS, PWN, KP, etc)

...so, for a Gideon sewer dungeon level, you should basically write for the sewer's Editor ID...:

BMDunGidSewer01AS = first level of sewers (assuming Asmar mods it = AS)
BMDunGidSewer01AS = second level of the sewers (avoid second level creation)

Lastly, write "Gideon Sewer, Level 1" (without quotes), as the name of the cell that goes beside the Editor ID of the cell.

We use this naming convention, firstly so that Xae's music can be implemented using BetterMusicSystem mod eventually, and secondly, for organization purposes.

Here's the up-to-date naming scheme:

BM + (interior type) + (settlement, where applicable) + (abbreviated cell name) + (number of the interior's sub-section, where applicable) + (modder's abbreviation).

Cell Types..............................Cell Type Code

Barsaebic Ruins...........................Bar (+first 3 letters of the name e.g. Xarphyrial = BMBarXar, followed by a 2-digit number to indicate the level of the ruin e.g. first floor = BMBarXar01)

Castles.........................................Cas (+first 3 letters city name e.g. Gideon Castle = BMCasGid followed by a 2-digit number to indicate a separate section e.g. entrance hall = BMCasGid01)

Caves............................................Cav (+first 3 letters of the name e.g. Frograt Barrow = BMCavFro, followed by a 2-digit number to indicate the level of the cave e.g. first floor = BMCavFro01)

Dungeons......................................Dun (+first 3 letters of the name e.g. Stormhold Great Cistern = BMDunCis, followed by a 2-digit number to indicate the level of the dungeon e.g. first floor = BMBarXar01)

Crypts ...........................................Cry (+ first 3 letters of the cell name, followed by a 2-digit number to show level of the crypt)

FortRuins.....................................For (+first 3 letters of the name e.g. Fort Carmine = BMForCar, followed by a 2-digit number to indicate the level of the ruin e.g. first floor = BMForCar01)

Native's Homes...........................Nat (+first 3 letters of the settlement followed by a shortened version of the owner or shop name e.g. Blood-Talker's House in Kangumabog = BMNatKanBlood)

Non-Native's Homes....................Non (+first 3 letters of the settlement followed by a shortened version of the owner or shop name e.g. Sotho Manor in Soulrest = BMNonSouSot)

Inns...............................................Inn (+first 3 letters of the settlement followed by a shortened version of the name e.g. Strangers Inn in Chasepoint = BMInnChaStranger)

Church (Imperialistic)..................Chu (+first 3 letters of the settlement e.g. Stormhold Cathedral = BMChuSto)

Shrine / Shaman Hut (Natives).....Shr (+first 3 letters of the settlement e.g. Pholmolo Shaman Hut = BMShrPho)

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's an outdated link on the subject (:

CLAIM: BM Cell Naming & Music Preparation
08-09-2011, 01:52 PM,

KP, that's a really useful list that totally deserves its own thread, I think. (Especially if the old one is out of date as you say)
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-09-2011, 06:29 PM,

No I don't need it. I was just woundering.
I found out what it was. I was useing a peace wrong. I had a side peace and not a middle.
many great mods started and ended with the question "I wounder what the sewer tileset is like".
08-09-2011, 10:07 PM,

@ Deeza - Done!

@ Asmar - Ok, good to hear you got it worked out.

Another bit of advice on the Hist shrine tileset:

The tileset is extremely versatile, maybe too versatile. You can really customize a room, the way you want it to be, for most part, because the tile pieces are like "micro tiles". But it can also get confusing. It's best to play around with the tiles first, before actually making a hist dungeon to submit for merging into esm.

Keep an eye out for seams in the floor and ceiling. You might need to rotate the render window of the CS in different directions and zoom in a bit, to see if any seams show up. If you use the regular CS, the water will be pink, and so the seams will show a pink line in-between the tiles, if they do not fit right.

Another trick, to avoid seams, is to play around with the "Snap-to-Grid" settings. If worse comes to worse, you can set the "Snap to Grid" movement to "1" (not the angle rotation...I mean the "movement" - up/down, left/right, forward/backward).

Koniption