Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BM skills
08-12-2011, 03:44 PM,
BM skills
I think that with the level we work on, which is a very damn proffesional one, we should also introduce at least one new skill in this mod. And with the Black Marsh lore took into account, I think those should be polearms, like spears and halberds and stuff, and Bhuru magic, which is a sort of Voodoo like thing. If you guys all agree please give your own input so this can be completely worked out and stuff.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-12-2011, 09:45 PM,

Well, the jist is - who will be the one to incorporate these skill(s)?

I certainly can't take on any more work, really.

We do use OBSE for the Blackmarsh mod, so it'll make incorporating such weaponry animations and skills much easier...but we really need to focus on the priorities that we need to get done, hopefully before the beta is released.

Everything else after that, can be considered more icing on the cake.

On related note, I did have an idea on how to incorporate whips into the game, for player and NPCs to use, but I can't work on such a thing right now.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-13-2011, 12:45 AM,

I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that. Can this even be done. I thought the skills where something that couldn't be changed. However it would be nice to be able to add like Enchanting (i'm not sure if that is lore friendly or not).
many great mods started and ended with the question "I wounder what the sewer tileset is like".
08-13-2011, 02:24 AM,

I think you can Enchant weapons/armor in Morrowind, so I believe it is lore friendly.

Adding new skills might be possible with OBSE scripting functions. The last thing I read, though, was that the implementation of new skills, even with OBSE's help, was glitchy. I think I read that in the Craftybits forum section, on The Wormhole, a few months ago.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-13-2011, 07:24 AM,

I didn't mean this for pre-beta use from the start, there is a skills menu under the characters tab, maybe thats usefull. But I think that we should put this on hold untill the beta is released and everything is a little less intense.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-13-2011, 10:35 AM,

Hi all;

The enchanting will be easy really, will have a look at it more.

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-16-2011, 06:15 PM,

Sure, I like this idea but bear in mind that the beta release before Skyrim is absolutely crucial to us. If anything is not beta-related, please try to place it down the task order of what needs to be done....unless there is nothing to contribute to work on the beta with the skills at your disposal. In which case, let rip!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]