Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST: TES5 - Deeza's Concept Art
08-25-2011, 11:36 PM,
ST: TES5 - Deeza's Concept Art
Since there's now some very early discussion going on around a version of ST for TES5, I thought I might contribute to the discussion by trying my hand at some concept art!

This is my first time trying, so please comment and let me know what you think. I'd appreciate any feedback/advice you could offer. These are just my interpretations/imagination, so let me know what you like/don't like.

The first pic is my take on the Ancient Gate, a location from our TES4 mod which is said to be the pass through which the prophet Veloth first led the Dunmer into Morrowind. For inspiration, I've used both Velothi architecture and Daedric influences (since the early Velothi built the Daedric ruins too), and gone back to the original Morrowind concept art for further clues. It occurs to me that this might be a logical choice for an entry point from Skyrim to Morrowind, as it represents one of the few passes through the mountains.

[Image: AncientGate.jpg]

The second pic is how I envision the city of Silgrad Tower. I imagined a settlement much smaller than the one that exists in TES4, centred around the Tower itself and surrounded by the earthquake-shattered walls and half-collapsed remains of the abandoned, much larger city. That's meant to be the blackened Latrys Island in the distance, with the threatening bulk of Red Mountain even further east.

[Image: SilgradTowerb.jpg]

And finally we have the castle of Reich Parkeep, still dominating the surrounding countryside but in a sorry state of repair. In the distance looms what was once the Palace of Great House Redoran, though who knows which faction (or what creatures) inhabit it now? And could that be an Ashlander village in the middle of an abandoned district of Soluthis?

[Image: ReichParkeep-Soluthis.jpg]

Please let me know what you all think!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM,

You're actually pretty good at sketching!

I liked all three sketches. I have only played a little bit of Morrowind before, so I leave the definitive decision on architecture styles, to the lore experts, like yourselves.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-26-2011, 05:16 PM,

Thanks KP! I actually used to sketch quite a lot, but it's been a very long time since I did anything this big or detailed.

08-27-2011, 11:33 AM,

I agree with Koniption, it looks very nice! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-27-2011, 12:42 PM,

:goodjob:

Just a question - what kind of architecture is Silgrad City using in the second picture?
08-28-2011, 02:22 PM,

Thanks, sandor!

@ TID:

That's a good question. When I was doing my lore research I found that ST is apparently a Redoran city, although in the TES4 version of the mod it has Hlaalu architecture. According to Razorwing this was because the city was rebuilt after a war by Hlaalu craftsmen, but I can't seem to find an in-game lore reference for this, so presumably it was an aesthetic choice by the ST team?

For my picture I used something based loosely on the Redoran insect-shell architecture for the rebuilt centre of the city. I reasoned that the Redoran most likely adopted this style by using the natural materials of their surroundings, like the giant bug shells, so that that later Dunmer civilisations who are re-settling the area might well eventually produce something similar.

The surrounding abandoned sections, presumably, would be ruined Hlaalu architecture. And the tower itself is based on the model used for the Tower in the TES4 mod.

09-22-2011, 11:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Thanks, sandor!

@ TID:

That's a good question. When I was doing my lore research I found that ST is apparently a Redoran city, although in the TES4 version of the mod it has Hlaalu architecture. According to Razorwing this was because the city was rebuilt after a war by Hlaalu craftsmen, but I can't seem to find an in-game lore reference for this, so presumably it was an aesthetic choice by the ST team?

For my picture I used something based loosely on the Redoran insect-shell architecture for the rebuilt centre of the city. I reasoned that the Redoran most likely adopted this style by using the natural materials of their surroundings, like the giant bug shells, so that that later Dunmer civilisations who are re-settling the area might well eventually produce something similar.

The surrounding abandoned sections, presumably, would be ruined Hlaalu architecture. And the tower itself is based on the model used for the Tower in the TES4 mod.

As far as I know Sandor is correct, from reading off the old website it was a choice to built it using the Hlaalu Arch and it should be Redoran
with "some" Hlaalu influence. If the events mentioned above (war) actually did occur I have never seen referance to it

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-24-2011, 12:31 PM,

Right, it's good to have that confirmed.

Do you have any thoughts on the concepts, BTW?