Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Extremely Speculative Map!
09-04-2011, 10:21 AM,
My Extremely Speculative Map!
I was bored and I made a map of what I think is a pretty good estimation of the political situation post Oblivion.

I assume that the Empire was not able to hold the lower banks of the Nibenay due to the violent situation.

I assume that the Aldmeri Dominion took advantage of the chaos and launched a renewed assault on lower Colovia.

I assume that High-Rock and Hammerfall remain relatively stable due to there already being a pretty strong political situation in place.

(Outlilne at the courtesy of Shauker.)

red[/hr]

See next post.
09-05-2011, 10:39 AM,
RE: My Extremely Speculative Map!
I made a new version,

*Spelling Fixed
*Revised the border between Valenwood and Elsweyr.
09-05-2011, 01:45 PM,
Your Elsweyr-Valenwood border looks to me to be pretty much where we have the Xylo River in our heightmap, possibly a bit too far East. Our heightmap is based on a combination of the Oblivion one and the official border at the time of Oblivion being "across the west bank of the Xylo" - it's perfectly possible the Altmeri Dominion would have succeeded in pushing the Khajiit back over the river, but I'd have thought no further.

I've an idea someone (TOYB?) told me Leyawiin had declared independance, rather than being retaken by Elsweyr - but I don't have a citation for that.
Morcroft Darkes
09-05-2011, 04:48 PM,

Nice map!

I think that's a fairly reasonable guess, although I think there's a quote from TIC suggesting the Argonians got a fair bit further into Morrowind than that (there's a quote that says they do some kind of ritual at the ruins of Vivec on Vvardenfell island). Whether they're still there now, of course, is another question that we'll have to probably wait for release to find out.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-09-2011, 04:11 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Your Elsweyr-Valenwood border looks to me to be pretty much where we have the Xylo River in our heightmap, possibly a bit too far East. Our heightmap is based on a combination of the Oblivion one and the official border at the time of Oblivion being "across the west bank of the Xylo" - it's perfectly possible the Altmeri Dominion would have succeeded in pushing the Khajiit back over the river, but I'd have thought no further.

I've an idea someone (TOYB?) told me Leyawiin had declared independance, rather than being retaken by Elsweyr - but I don't have a citation for that.

Yup, Leyawiin declared it's independence after the decline of the Empire, and they even have their own Navy (all mentioned in TIC).

Also Deeza is right about the Argonians controlling the area at least all the way up to the ruins of Vivec -and bare in mind, this is still 40 years after the initial destruction of Morrowind, so at a guess I'd say the Argonians control a considerable amount of Morrowind, and Vvardenfell, with the Dunmer having little interest in taking the area back (likely due to the traumatic memory of the destruction -you're not really going to go back to a place where most of the people you knew died horribly).
09-09-2011, 01:16 PM,
I deleted Saratran0504 account (two posts back) because of spamming (sig).

Please inform me or TID.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-09-2011, 03:28 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

Yup, Leyawiin declared it's independence after the decline of the Empire, and they even have their own Navy (all mentioned in TIC).

Now that gives me an idea for an interesting mod...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!