Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After BM???
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM,
After BM???
I was just having a PM discussion with t3h pwn3r about what we where going to do after the Black Marsh Project was complete, pwn3r, myself and my sis have decided to keep working together to make a Skyrim mod called the Tarren Isles, we are currently developing (sort of) all the lore and stuff but that does not matter right now. Only thing is, this discussion made me wonder what the other guys on BM are gonna do after the project is finished??
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-19-2011, 05:18 PM,
RE: After BM???
I'm only partly involved with BM - but Elsweyr will be continuing for Skyrim with the current TES4 being used as a sort of testbed until we get the new environment up and running.
Morcroft Darkes
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM,

Thats cool, but I won't be able to participate of course untill the Tarren Isles are complete.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-19-2011, 06:00 PM,

... by which time you'll be an experienced TES5 modder and be very welcome!

Cool

By the way, any plans for a TES5 Black Marsh, Ibsen?
Morcroft Darkes
09-19-2011, 07:43 PM,

Deeza and I have discussed that. I would certainly like to see a little mod for it based on the work we did here but possibly more in the way of a single questline rather than a worldspace mod. Nevertheless, it would be likely to make use of many of our original models and be based around the original inspiration for the BM MQ, Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness', involving a trip downriver into a perilous realm and to the very heart of the Hist.

Whether I would be involved or not is another matter entirely. I have always said that once BM is done then I'm off for good. I'm just too old for this. I would love to see TESIV:BM reach its full potential with a completely finished province so I may hang around to do a little more after the beta...but had hoped that by that time, people would recognise the amount of work already done and be able to take over so that I could fade a little more into the shadows....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM,

You know, I think we could maybe hold the fort in a sense. i would love to this baby go beyond beta, maybe even to a vanilla like version! Of course, unless all the places holding Skyrim discs burn to the ground, we will never (IAH) have time. PPL will get really meddled with Skyrim and might not look back. Unless, we start making to the point of epicness, which would involve the year or so work Beth out into their games, and they do it in four or more!
But I think we could get a beta 2.0 out if we all really pitched in. I remember just scrolling through these forums and saying "Holy shit! these guys have worked so hard! I wanna be apart of this"
So, yes, i would put in late nights, and millions of coffee cups, to see this through to something.........well, more than the amazing it is already.
By the time that might be done, it would have been a month or so after Skyrim, and that means that i would have my new laptop by then. So it will all work out.

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
09-20-2011, 12:37 PM,

Depending on how much work I end up doing at my day job, which seems to be slowly but surely increasing, and how much time I devote to indie game development, I might still be around for Skyrim. If I am, I'd probably only be interested in working on a more story-focused mod rather than a continent expansion. More writing, less grunt work. That being said, my love of music might make me compose more soundtracks.

Whichever the case, I've made many good friends since I started modding Oblivion and I won't be leaving the scene.

Now, if Ibsen does depart, that would be a sore loss. Perhaps the team can lure him to stay for Skyrim by promising more writing and voice acting work and less worldbuilding. One is never too old for such arts!
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM,

I think pwn3r is right, we need to keep this going, it would be a shame after working on this since, well what was it, like 2007 or so, to only get it to the Beta, its like letting a kid watch a movie but not the slot scene because it might get nightmares, its an even worse nightmare!
09-20-2011, 05:24 PM,

Sure, I'd stick around but in no way like the influence of the past. The amount of RL work I have to do combined with other RL issues is slowly putting paid to full-time modding. Still, it would be nice to go beyond the beta and beyond Skyrim.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]