Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord of Souls
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM,
Lord of Souls
The sequel to The Infernal City comes out in seven days! Will follow the story of Umbriel and the unlikely heroes. i ca't wait, I have already preordered my copy.
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM,

I have preordered too, and I even re-read The Infernal City in anticipation. It'll be nice to see what happens to Umbriel. Smile
09-20-2011, 07:55 PM,

haven't read either of them, I hear the characters are written as if they don't have any emotions at all, but well, who am I to judge ?(
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-21-2011, 12:00 AM,

No, they are pretty awesoem and in depth. But yay, I have read it thrice!
09-21-2011, 06:35 AM,

I think I might give the series a whirl in a while, but first I have to get some cash together for my new processor and some RAM, I am already getting a new Graphics Card so thats quite good I guess, its a GTX 400, or maybe 390 or so, its good enough at least Big Grin
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-21-2011, 08:06 AM,
RE: Lord of Souls
I find that books based on games are sometimes hard to stick with because they can never be as "epic" as the games that spawned them.

They often seem just like a decent subplot or something that could easily be explained in a few pages.

Still there are a few exceptions to this rule (Halo Cryptum, Infernal City.)
09-21-2011, 10:29 AM,
i found that this gave beth a decent excuse to add in the lore which spotted owl the empire up. Also, are BM and Elsweyr still seceded in the time of Skyrim.
09-21-2011, 01:33 PM,
I have to agree with AIP - I'm just leaving the spin-off novels for others to extract the lore from.

May the Nine preserve us from a movie....
Morcroft Darkes
09-24-2011, 12:30 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
May the Nine preserve us from a movie....

Indeed. Movies of games are a blighted genre if there ever was one. I strongly suspect it's firstly because nobody involved in the projects has ever played the games concerned, and secondly (and more importantly) that it's a fundamentally misconceived idea to try to adapt a cultural artifact that crucially depends for its success on its interactivity.

On a more serious note, I'm going to start a thread over in the Skyrim forum as soon as relevant information from the book becomes available.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-27-2011, 08:42 AM,
Just make a movie from these books.