Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord of Souls - relevant lore
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM,
Lord of Souls - relevant lore
So, whilst I'm waiting for a copy, it turns out that Bethesda have released a portion of it early, right here:

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/0...more-16388

A couple of interesting things just from this small bit:

(1) As of the time of the book, apparently the Argonians don't control all of Morrowind (though they are in charge of large parts of it, presumably in the deep south of former Dres territory)

(2) We have it on pretty good authority (the Daedra Malacath) that most of Morrowind is definitely a barely inhabited Ash wasteland.

(3) Part of the book looks like it might be set in the Dunmer colony on Solstheim.

Anyone else find anything?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-27-2011, 01:29 AM,
RE: Lord of Souls - relevant lore
Hmmm, an Ash Wasteland, Fallout 3 meets TES? LOL.
Can't wait to see al the new lore and ideas and concepts. I will post all the lore I can find and help in anyway.

GJ Deez!
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
09-27-2011, 04:41 AM,
RE: Lord of Souls - relevant lore
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
So, whilst I'm waiting for a copy, it turns out that Bethesda have released a portion of it early, right here:

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/0...more-16388

A couple of interesting things just from this small bit:

(1) As of the time of the book, apparently the Argonians don't control all of Morrowind (though they are in charge of large parts of it, presumably in the deep south of former Dres territory)

(2) We have it on pretty good authority (the Daedra Malacath) that most of Morrowind is definitely a barely inhabited Ash wasteland.

(3) Part of the book looks like it might be set in the Dunmer colony on Solstheim.

Anyone else find anything?

With referance to note 2 are you sure its Morrowind or just Vvardenfell?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM,

@ Bob:

It's a little unclear, the exact quote is something along the lines of:

Malacath (addressing a Dunmer who was partially responsible for Red Year): "For the sake of a woman, you destroyed your city, your nation and your people... [and] turned your homeland into no less an ash pit than my realm."
(for context, Malacath's Realm is an endless storm of falling ashes and broken promises)

It could be just Vvardenfell but the fact that he refers twice to the entire nation of Dunmer strongly suggests that it means the whole country was affected, even if it wasn't totally obliterated like Vvardenfell was.

10-01-2011, 04:37 AM,

Howdy

Its a bit vague but I can understand the thought process

I think just the referance to Dunmer people refers to Vvardenfell
if it had been a referance to the Chimer it could mean all of Morrowind

I suppose we won't know exactly until we see a map, if Bethesda
gives an updated map

It would be important for our mod to be sure of this

I will be searching .......

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-01-2011, 09:53 AM,

Yeah, I'll keep a look out too. It's a big thing we need to get right.

I believe that when someone gets around to posting the descriptions of the Dunmer colony in Solstheim we may get some more information.

Also, the pre-release material hints that there is a major Dunmer refugee population (or descendents of refugees) in Windhelm city, so presumably the dialogue there would be the first place in-game to look for information (plus a 4th Edition PGE if there is one)

Also:

Something else I found out: as of the timeline of Lord of Souls, Great House Indoril still exists. Given that it was by far the weakest of the Great Houses, that strongly suggests that the others do too.

There are, however, now a fair number of Dunmer who do not associate with any Great House. But perhaps this was always the case?