Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a Height Map for the CK by using an existing HM from the CS [Tutorial]
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM,
Creating a Height Map for the CK by using an existing HM from the CS [Tutorial]
It's possible to use the CS (TESIV construction set) to create a HM (height map)/ export an existing HM for Skyrim's CK (Creation Kit).

I assume you know how the HME (height map editor) for the CS works and how to create a HM (height map) from scratch using the HME or external tools. Tutorial for building a large worldspace (WS).

Regarding the export of raw's.
These are exported clockwise assuming you loaded quads -1_0/ 0_0/ 0_-1 & -1_-1 (the HME always loads 4 quads) these are named Q1.raw/ Q2.raw/ Q3.raw & Q4.raw --> rename to -1_0.raw/ 0_0.raw/ 0_-1.raw &-1_-1.raw.

1. After you finished the HM or if you decided to use an existing HM --> export the quads and rename these accordingly e.g. -1_0.raw etc. (see above). Repeat the process for the other quads (WS > 4 quads).

2. Move the raws to the Skyrim>>Data>> heightfield directory of the CK (if not existing create the folder).

3. Create your WS and set the default land height/water height accordingly to your HM after importing the raw's (requires some testing).

4. Import the first 4 quads, save and repeat the process for the other quads, check the large WS tutorial as well.

If the CK reports "file in use" click on cancel until finished, this may take a while.

Depending on your computer (WS> 12 quads) import e.g. 12 quads and convert the esp to an esm, merge the other quads using an esp depending on the same esm.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-26-2012, 08:49 AM,

I finished the tutorial. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD